“Great food and atmosphere!”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 5,459 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our bar-b-que is nationally acclaimed. Our food and sauces have won honors in publications such as Men’s Health and Eating Well magazines. We were named the country's Number One BBQ on Good Morning America and have been featured on various Food Network and Travel Channel shows. Our spice rub and a full line of specialty sauces are available throughout the country and in Europe and Japan. Our cookbook, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que: An American Roadhouse, was voted as one of the best BBQ cookbooks in 2002 by the National Association of BBQ. At Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, fresh, homemade, and high-quality aren’t just catchwords, they’re our foundation. Our commitment to food quality and genuine hospitality is unyielding and intense. We pride ourselves on our loyal guests, employees, and being a great place to have fun and while sampling some of the best bar-b-que in the country. Our menu is firmly rooted in the traditions of Southern bar-b-que, but there are other influences that shape our flavors and give our food its own distinctive character. That’s one of the secrets of great bar-b-que -- staying committed to tradition, but finding your own stamp and signature.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Been there multiple times. Great ribs! Good beer selection! Friendly waitress! Price is right! Will definitely go again in the future for more!

There are newer reviews for Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The service is quick, although the wait for a table can take hours. Be sure to make reservations. Kiddie meal portions are huge, even an adult like myself got full.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Exactly what you expect. They have great ribs, pulled pork, mac & cheese, but my favorite is their sauce. Great on all the meats. Gets very crowded but the place is large and turnover is quick. Plenty of tvs for sports too and bar is decent

I've been there 3 times and will be back again soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

After having tried Dinosaur Bar-B-Que at their Harlem location, I was delighted to learn that they opened a Brooklyn location nearer to where I live. I have since been to the new locale twice and both have been more than satisfactory.

My favorite menu items at both Dinosaurs are the appetizers. The best thing they do, in my opinion, are chicken wings. These are some of the best wings available anywhere and that's because they are smoked. They aren't fried like normal chicken wings. It makes them tender, flavorful, smokey...unlike any wings you can get anywhere else. If you get anything when visiting Dinosaur, get the wings.

The other apps are great too. Fried green tomatoes, deviled eggs, boiled shrimp...all great!

The main meat entrees are very good. Perhaps not on par with the best BBQ in NYC (Fette Sau and Mighty Quinn's are both tops when it comes to ribs and brisket, in my opinion) but are definitely satisfying. A great deal are their "family" combos. Ribs, Pulled Pork, Chicken and sides for a low price to feed 4+ people. A bargain.

The new Brooklyn location has a nice big interior and a big beverage selection.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

All I have to say: this is the best BBQ food in NYC!!! I've never left this place unsatisfied! The Brooklyn location is nicer, but the food is better in Harlem!