“WORST Service”
Review of Armando's

Armando's
Reserve with OpenTable
Armando's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #275 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Of all of the restaurants I've ever eat at, Armando's by far had the worst service. Marko was my server - at least, that's what my receipt says. He took my order from across a railing bordering the outdoor patio (apparently walking around to be on the patio was too much effort). I didn't see him again for almost an hour. A bus boy brought my salad. No one ever refilled my water. I finally got up and went inside to find a hostess 30 minutes after I finished my salad to check on my entree. It was mediocre pasta at best.

When Marko finally reappeared, he asked how everything was. It was all I could do to keep from laughing, since he hadn't checked on me in an hour. I told him I was disappointed with the service, and he told me rudely to "keep his tip." Obviously, I did.

I will be in Brooklyn every other week for the next six months, and will be telling everyone I meet to avoid this place. Everywhere else I ate in the area had staff much more amicable than this place. They did comp my glass of chardonnay as an apology, but even the hostess wasn't very apologetic about the whole thing.

Steer clear and spend your money somewhere you aren't made to feel like the staff is doing you a favor by serving you, and the food is better tasting than a frozen dinner.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was not my first visit. I was as pleased this time as ever. The veal francese was excellent, the pasta was perfect. The service was really good. That said there a few nits I would mention - The bread nothing special but it was free, not lie in Italy where you get to pay for bread. granted the bread inItaly was worth paying for but here it was free. The sauce with the fried zucini was average.
My guest had the fruiti de mare and was constantly exclaiming about the quantity and quality of the seafood it contained.
Plus the choices of beer on tap are first rate - If you haven't tried SmuttyNose you are in for a treat!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've been to Armando's a handful of times and am never disappointed! Out of the seemingly dozens of Italian restaurants on this stretch of Montague Street, my wife and I love Armando's.. and yet we somehow always order the same entrees. They are that good! Our favorites are the bolognese (so rich) and the goat cheese raviolis.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 31, 2008

It just closed. I wanna cry!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed January 29, 2008

Been there twice and had bad service both times. Food is really bland and unimpressive.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook