“good is good, but restaurant is loud”
Review of Bar Tabac

Bar Tabac
Ranked #160 of 5,418 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Los Angeles, California
“good is good, but restaurant is loud”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Visited last summer. The food is good, nothing to write home about, and prices are decent. However, the restaurant is pretty loud and my boyfriend and I had a hard time hearing each other.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent food, fantastic atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We visited here this past June, and left thoroughly happy and satisfied. The ambiance is lovely, the decor is quaint, and once you sit down you feel instantly transported. The food was excellent, and touched on all classic French flavors. Having dined at another French place within walking distance to this one, I felt this one took the reigns as far as food, atmosphere, and authenticity. We started with the pate, following with the coq au vin and hanger steak. Very tasty, and memorable. The only downfall I'd have to report would be our waitress, she seemed new and very out of the loop with what was going on. It took her a long time to do everything, from simply taking our orders to running the credit card. I totally understand being new on the job, (especially a stressful one such as waitressing) but I feel that on such a busy day they shouldn't have had a completely inexperienced waitress flying solo. All in all, fantastic...and would highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2012
Orange, CT
“A little bit of France in Brooklyn”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a fun place to eat at any time, but particularly fun when they have the annual Bastille Day celebration. They serve the typical bistro French fare and brunches on Saturdays and Sundays. It is may be more about atmosphere than food, but it is worth a try.

Visited July 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
“Food was great---ruined however by staff”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I went here for dinner with my family. Had the duck confit and my dad had the almond trout. The food was wonderful, however the waitress (Timoney) had an attitude bigger than the restaurant. If you asked for anything she'd walk away cursing. My dad asked for just a little less almonds on his trout---and you would have though he asked her to Go Fishing!!! I wish I knew the French muttering she did went she strutted off after that. Unbelievable service. And be aware they only take American Express--no other credit cards.

• Visited July 2012
Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA
“Terrific burgers!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were in the private room in back, and the servers had a little bit of trouble keeping up with the large group, but all in all, it was a great meal. The staff was congenial, even under pressure. I'd like to go back with a smaller party (and to try some more of the choices available!)

Visited June 2012