“Best on Smith Street -- Anytime!”
Review of Cafe Luluc

Cafe Luluc
Ranked #135 of 5,459 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 9, 2012

First & foremost, what everyone else is saying about the pancakes is absolutely true -- they're magical little clouds on a plate with syrup, and they'll spoil you for life. But beyond the pancakes, Cafe Luluc is just one of those little indie places that gets it right: It's a tightly knit staff that cares about what they're doing, and the kitchen serves up very generous portions of hearty food in an atmosphere that can make you feel like you've found your own special bistro, even though it's a very popular restaurant. It's not perfect, and it's not fine dining, but little things are forgivable when you're fortunate to dine in a place with so much warmth.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Luluc

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Mimosas, coffee, chick pea salad. All delicous and all just preparing me up to share an order of their pancakes. How do they make them slightly crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside? It's like a hug from the inside. Word on the street is that they bake them in the oven. I don't really care, I just know I can't wait to go back. Since I live in Chicago, that's saying something.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Aside from rather haphazard service, this is a great choice for breakfast. Even the coffee was excellent!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The 19.95 3 course dinner special from 4-7 pm Monday through Friday is the best value on Smith Street. There's a choice of appetizers, entrees and desserts, but for that special which I have when I want to treat myself to a full delicious meal, I have the mesclan salad, the hangar steak with delicious french frites and the french apple tart tatin. The service is good and friendly and I feel welcome even though I am an older single woman dining alone and not fashionably dressed. Since I live in the area, I have eaten in many of the places on both Smith and Court Street. I think this M-F dinner special is the best value when I want a full meal.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Came for Sunday brunch. The pancakes were phenomenal, soft on inside and crisp on the edges. My daughter said she is now spoiled as no pancake can compare. However, at 2 cakes for $9 - it is a pricey pancake. The wild mushroom omelette (served with a salad and french fries??!) was nothing special. Overall the food was decent but nothing special, except for the pancakes. Note: Cash only.