“named after neslon mandela, good vibe, food just okay”
Review of Madiba

Madiba
Ranked #176 of 5,418 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: African
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carlton Ave
Transit: G to Fulton or Clinton-Washington C to Lafayette B54 at Carlton & Dekalb (west bound) B54 at Carlton & Lafayette (east bound)
Renfrew, United Kingdom
“named after neslon mandela, good vibe, food just okay”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food was the most average part of the couple of times we visited. The drinks were fine, the occasional live music was good and the staff were really friendly(on the whole). But faces stiff competition and isn't the best.

• Visited June 2013

Brooklyn, NY
“My favorite South African Restaurant”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The food is awesome. This is my favorite go to South African Restaurant. Ok so I have been to Madiba fan since 4 years ago when me and my younger brother treated our Dad with a dinner for father's day. My dad is an old time Haitian Man who does not eat out - let me tell you my Dad ate his entire dinner and shook his head and said it was good!

So to all the reviews that said the food was not tasty - that is a LIE!

So I have had the following:
1. Appetizer: The wings - Delicious (there are more appetizers)
2. Entree: The Catch of the day - whatever it is it tasty and Good
3. Entree: The Prawns - DELICIOUS - I eat that most of the time when I go
4. Entree: Oxtail - I had it once - not to say that it was not good - I just had better oxtail.
5. Entree: Cous Cous - I have a friend who loves the dish with the Cous Cous
There are more entrees that my family and friends love but I could only attest to what I have had and like.
6. Cocktails: Best Mojitos - hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. Desert - drum roll............ - MALVA PUDDING - ooooooooooh child - it is to DIE FOR

Have fun eating...............

Visited September 2013
Eugene
“Authentic food at authentic prices”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This restaurant is definitely a must. It was recommended to me, as a South African, traveling in the area. The owner was present and welcoming. The wait staff were efficient and knew the menu. The food was as I remember it from my home country. The decor was an homage to Nelson Mandela (Madiba) and had a wonderful vibe. My husband and I had the Monkeygland basted ribs and pap. Yum! Do try Pinotage wines.

• Visited August 2013
Katoomba, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

although we had to wait awhile for a table the food was worth it. we shared plates, salad and a chicken breyani, everything was terrific. It was my second visit, I enjoyed a whole fish that time. A special place with Nelson Mandela's beautiful, smiling face.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Every time I am in Brooklyn I never leave without visiting this amazing little gem. The deco is very nice all authentic South African art & collections.
The food has never disappointed, the ox tail is a must, the ribs are damn good and the Curries are definitely worth having.
I visited last week (July 7th 2013) and I have noticed the portions have gotten bigger which is even better.
A must must visit never disappointed.

Visited July 2013