“Just the right recipe...”
Review of Superfine

Superfine
Reserve with OpenTable
Superfine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 5,585 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pearl St
Description: Superfine is a bar/restaurant venue in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn. We feature art and live music. Free pool table. Organic and local fare.
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I'm always impressed when I find a place that is packed from brunch until close in the wee hours of the morning. Essentially, the staff work very hard, the food is good, drinks (including cocktails) are great. They have fantastic live music on a Sunday (we were there late lunch) - a genuinely high standard. And, I believe, although we left around 11pm, that it's great until late. Their brunches are enormous and all that I saw looked fabulous! It's in a great spot in DUMBO - close to the river and some great boutique shopping to walk off the food/drinks.

1  Thank GadAboutTheGlobe

Reviewed September 17, 2012

A hip hang-out place in Dumbo, near to fantastic sunset views of Manhattan, with free pool table that I couldn't take advantage of. Mostly Mediterranean fare - good but not cheap.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

The food is OK not Super. It's nice during quiet hours after just gets stupid and noisey.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Nice atmosphere, friendly and well informed staff, great drinks selection, good well cooked correctly portioned food. Great value for the price point (mid level bistro pricing).

As I was living locally at the time, I have also been in for just drinks at the bar. Decent cocktail selection too.

It's definitely a place I would return to.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Another cool & funky Brooklyn eatery. This one in Dumbo, Brooklyn (Down under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). This gentrified area still has plenty of overpriced rental loft space available but it has become a mecca for artists & the culinary community.
It has a nice vibe & bohemian spirit about it. Cool bar, pool table, pleasant alternative music as opposed to the annoying kind & open kitchen. My husband & I went for Friday lunch & arrived at about 2:15pm. We were immediately told by the Head Server/Manager the other patrons that were seated all came at once & haven't gotten their food yet so it would be at least 45 minutes until we ate. Ooookaaaaay. We decided to stay. I have been in the business for over 20 years & the restaurant was NOT busy. The tables he referred to had about 12 Guests total & I really didn't think it would take that long. Our hipster Server took our drink order fast & placed the menu board in front of us. They offer about 10-12 items that changes daily. They boast that about 98% of their ingredients are from local farms & artisans, are organic, seasonal & sustainable. Coolio. We sat right in front of the kitchen so I could hear the 3 cooks talking about the orders. They didn't seem rushed at all. The Server was nice & took our order quickly. My husband got a Coney Island Lager because they didn't have any seasonal beers (Odd) & I got a Ginger Ale (in a big pint glass! YEAH!!!) He got the steak sandwich with mustard caper aioli & fries ($11) & I got the Superfine hamburger on brioche bun with fries ($12). We got our food in 30 min but other patrons did seem perturbed about their wait which must have been longer. Good quality but lacked flavor. People! You have to season meat with salt & pepper before searing it. A big pet peeve for me. Overall, Superfine was ok but cool.