“Delicious italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Franny's

Franny's
Reserve with OpenTable
Franny's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #207 of 5,322 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Zürich
“Delicious italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Want to eat italian focaccia? or a really really really almost original pizza? Then you have to go to Franny's! The food you can get there is exquisit, the service is wonderful, and you get a nice view in the kitchen from any table you are sitting at. They have also perfect wines! I recommend the Prosecco :)

• Visited September 2013

nyc
“Downhill in new location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

What gives? Ok, I get adjusting to a new oven, but the pizza is just not as good- two pies, one with greens, dough really burnt top and bottom- the buffalo mozzarella, tomato, basil was watery, and had little mozzarella , and was also quite burnt but acceptable to me, tho not others in my party. Arugula/ apple salad was a joke for the price- 4 very thinly sliced half-pieces of apple and hardly any arugula. Penne pasta was good. The crostini for 11 bucks a joke, one small piece of bread.
So what happened here? (funding Marco's?) We have been going for years, have had this same experience in new location 3 times in a row--will not be going back, alas.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank proceanwaves
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Our 13" 'Pizza' Was Burnt”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

$17 for a 13" (personal) pizza is not a good price. My husband and I thought we would share a pizza but it was so small, it was an appetizer for us. Our 'pizza' had a large burn spot on it. When you are paying that much money, you should be able to eat the whole thing. I understand it is wood fired but I cook and grill myself and if I were a chef, I would be embarrassed to give a customer something like this. The cheapest beer was $5 and a glass of wine was $8. You would need a small loan to leave this place full. We ate our burnt pizza with water and left to eat somewhere else.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank littlemonster24
New York City, New York
“Very Very Good Pizza & Homemade Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Loved the clam pizza & the marinated mackerel - fresh, quality ingredients - friendly service - good prices - overall very good meal.

Brooklyn, New York
“DISAPPOINTING!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have tried this place twice...once should have been enough. I do not understand all the adulation about Franny's. The portions are minute and the prices are staggering for what you are getting. I had a cold zucchini marinade it was over $10 and I didn't even get what would amount to a full zucchini. The pizza is okay but not worth the $18 for a small pie. This is just a mediocre restaurant that has been overhyped by Brooklyn hipsters who obviously were fed on TV dinners and canned goods from wherever they hail from. Why anyone would want to spend this amount of money on uninspired food is shocking.

• Visited August 2013