“nothing special”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The only memory I have about this restaurant is the 2 hours waiting to be seated on a monday night...
They don't take reservations, so good luck if you are hungry and get a table soon.
The appetizers were actually good and the pizza too, but not much different on what is around NYC.
Staff excellent!!! friendly, helpful and nice.
The prices are not bad either.
I won't go back

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Been a dozen times...pizza is always way above average. Salads are not cheap but spectacular. Staff is functional, perhaps a bit uptight... worth the trip for heavenly pies! (Must admit our kids like ..don't love the pizza and at ~$15 a pizza something to consider.) Fair corkage at 20 bucks.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Where to begin! Believe it or not a friend in Ireland recommended Franny's to us, we have been wanting to go, but our business is now in NJ and Franny's is in Brooklyn, as it turned out we got to go last night with a client and it was absoultely wonderful!! We had heard so much about this restaurant that we wanted to try as many things as possible and believe me, we did! We arrived around 6 o'clock, no wait, friendly bartender, friendly hostess, the restaurant is Brooklyn chic! We started with a selection of 5 meats, breasola, salami sarda, sopressata, coppa, pancetta, each meat had 3 slices, so this was not a huge dish by any means, but the meats were delicous, I believe they were cured in house. We also had pork cheek and tongue terrine, which my husband and guest begged me to try and I did, I have to say it was delicous,very rich, almost creamy, pole beans with pistachios and pantaleo, so scrumtious, that I could have made that my meal, roasted baby eggplant with sungold tomatoes and basil, fabulous, I am not a huge meat eater, so these two were my favorites, perfectly paired and so very good, also frito of wild mussels, herbs and preserved meyer lemon, our least favorite, the only thing we regretted ordering--just too heavy--not light like the other dishes! We then had two pizzas, tomato, eggplant, garlic, chilies, basil and buffalo mozzarella and the clam pizza, I loved them both, but again, my favorite was the eggplant, as good as it gets, just a marvelous assortment of flavors, crust perfect, very neoploitan. We asked our lovely waitress what her favorite pasta was and she said the spaghetti with herbs, garlic, chillies and ricotta, so of course, we ordered it! Spectacular! This is not your "red sauce" veal cutlet parmigiana restaurant. The food is very different, very European, very special. The servings are small, I noted that other reviewers mentioned that and it is true, since the servings are small you tend to order more and of course the bill does go up! If you go in have a personal pizza and a beer it is a bargain, but if you have all of the above the price tag adds up!! We had two bottles of wine at $44 each, they were very good for the price, took half a bottle home--they wrapped it for us. So all I can say is this restaurant is fabulous, it is definitley for someone who want something different, not the same old, same old---We can't wait to go back! Do check out their menu on line, the combinations are brilliant and everything works well together, no overwhelming garlic, everything subtle and just so darn good! The menu is limited to 3 pasta choices, lots of appetizers, and lots of pizzas in every combination imaginable!! Not cheap---But well worth it and to me that is what matters!!

1  Thank ellen080
Reviewed August 6, 2012

One of the better Pizza places in town, very friendly staff, homy interior, solid food. Definitely in the top-5 of NY Pizza places but not in the top 3...

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Franny's specializes in individual sized pizzas, and there is no one who does it better. There are about 20 different choices (you must try the clam pizza!), and they are all winners. In warm weather there is service in teir back yard. Their crust is utter perfection.