“You can tell the food is made from quality ingredients”
Review of Fragole Ristorante

Fragole Ristorante
Ranked #858 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I went last weekend with my cousin, his wife, and mother-in-law. We had a very good time. The staff was very nice and attentive.

We had both of the cold anti-pastas as I am not really eating meat right now. So my cousin and my wife enjoyed all the Italian cured meats, and I along with the rest of the crew enjoyed the grilled vegetables. Nothing was overdone or over salty.

For dinner, I had a risotto with leeks, asparagus and shrimp. Even though I am not eating meat, I decided to splurge and have them. They were worth it! My wife had a lasagna that was served in it's own baking dish. It says to me that it was made individually rather than being made up all at once. She said it was also very good.

Everyone at the table enjoyed the food. We were not rushed, and were able to just enjoy the meal at our own pace. I'm not usually in this part of Brooklyn, but if I am again, I would definitely go here.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We took a family group of 7 here on a Saturday night. We had a pleasant wait at the bar before being seated. We were glad to see several vegetarian options along with great traditional Italian dishes. The lobster gnocchi special for the evening received rave reviews.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

I went here on a Sunday night with my wife and my sister and her husband -- they recently moved to Brooklyn and are getting to know the place. I told her before the trip that I'd like to eat at a good Italian restaurant, and we ended up here. It was exactly what I was hoping for, it seemed to me like a solid, but not touristy or flashy place, the kind of restaurant where people in the neighborhood would go with pride for really good Italian meals in a place where the food is the main, maybe the only, attraction.

I had lobster bisque and give it 10 out of 10 -- the lightest yet most flavorful I've had in some time. And the Pappardelle with ragu made with honey-braised short ribs -- fantastic. I want to go back there a few times and try some of the other offerings. The service was good, very professional.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Delicious!!! Crowded but worth the food - interesting menu fresh food

Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is a neighborhood restaurant for me that I go to repeatedly since it opened. Fresh pasta dishes are the specialty of this house, but everything they serve it excellent. They use fresh ingredients with a home made touch. The atmosphere is cozy with brick walls but the tables are close to each other. Prices are moderate and all the food is worth the price. Service is attentive without being invasive. Would always recommend it.