“Amazing. Love love love this place ”
Review of Le Petit Cafe

Le Petit Cafe
Ranked #510 of 5,844 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

I know it's owner Tommy for over 40 years and I am in awe of how beautiful this restaurant is. The ambiance is so serene and calming. The food and service is everything. I never fail to stop in when I am in Bklyn. The prices are reasonable and they can actually host a baby shower, memorial, birthdays and Mother's Day. I love this place.

Reviewed October 31, 2017

Food is good, nice place! bring cash though they don't take cards, but I look forward to going here again.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

I have been visiting this restaurant for YEARS and I decided to return for dessert around 8pm this past Saturday. The waiter - dressed in a tee-shirt and basketball shorts came over and said that the owner wants those ordering dessert to be seated at the front of the restaurant rather than the back. Hmm, I guess this would make sense if there were any patrons, but the only other table in sight had 4 guests seated. So thanks so much for turning away my bill which would have been $70 - because that's what I spent on dessert, cocktails and a cheese plate at Buttermilk Channel down the block.

Not sure if this was a lie coming from the waiter so he didn't have to serve our table, from reading the comments that the owner has made in other TripAdvisor reviews, I'm convinced it's not.

Let's forget to add that the table we chose was covered with a puddle of rain from where the tent meets the building.

I'm in disbelief at how they operate like this. Sorry to write such a review, I really am.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

This nice exterior is only a hint of the gem lying inside. The small restaurant space opens onto a back garden that transports you to a wonderful serene space. A lush and calming garden. A very thoughtfully designed space that must look beautiful at night with the candlelight chandeliers and wall decor.

My friends have eaten here often. The Sunday Brunch lived up to all I have been told. The food was all fresh and well prepared. My companion had a Chicken Caesar wrap and I had a Catfish Panini that was juicy and flavorful. It was accompanied by a nicely prepared salad of mixed greens. The quality of the food is encouraging me to come back for more.

I would have liked to rate this higher but service that day was spotty. It was a very hot day and there were only fans running to cool the space. When we were almost done with our brunch the servers closed the windows and turned on the air conditioning that we assumed was out of order. This was in the late afternoon and the place was emptying out. The brunch crowd had no a/c!

I will definitely be back since this may have been just an off day.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

This restaurant was a wonderful surprise! It is an intimate space in Carroll Gardens. The front is set up like a normal café with coffee, sumptuous desserts and tasty quiche. The back room is an oasis from the city! They only seat up to 50 people - there's a waterfall with many spiritual statues, a skylight, many plants and trees....the atmosphere lends itself to "zen-like" dining. As an added plus -- the food is delicious and service always presented with a heartfelt smile. I will definitely go back.