“Just Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Convivium Osteria

Convivium Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Convivium Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #334 of 5,317 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Bergen and St. Marks
Transit: ALL TRAINS TO ATLANTIC PACIFIC STATION. 2 AND 3 TO BERGEN ST.
Description: Convivium Osteria in Parkslope Brooklyn offers the best authentic Italian cuisine in a transporting, romantic setting. We have three dining rooms. The spacious and rustic Mainroom, the hidden and romantic Wine Cellar, and the quiet elusive Backroom/covered patio. Featuring the best local and all natural ingredients in dishes such as Roman braised artichokes, baby octopus salad, gnudi of spinach, ricotta, and asiago, and our famous 48 oz ribeye for two. Visit our full menu at our website
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Just Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

My Boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic place for our 2 year anniversary and my friend recommended this restaurant. Oh, my god.

I'll do negatives first: Kind of hard to find parking, but it's Brooklyn, come on. A little bit dim in the restaurant, but they brought us an extra candle.

The positives are plentiful. They have an extensive wine selection, but we are not as familiar with wines, so we asked our server to help. We told him what we liked to drink at home, and he gave us a few options in a varying price range. I appreciated that he didn't try to upsell like crazy, and actually took our tastes into consideration. The food itself was incredible. We had the prawn appetizer to split as well as a bunch of bread and olives provided. My boyfriend ordered the red snapper, which he devoured. I had the quail in port sauce, which I was audibly 'mmm'ing at every bite. We were too full for dessert, which I regret.

This is not a restaurant you can eat at every night; between the wine and food, we spent a bit, but we planned to. In all, I would absolutely without a doubt recommend this for any romantic or special occasion. Great service, amazing food that I still dream about, fantastic wines, the perfect evening.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lauren F

Melrose, Massachusetts
“Rehearsal Dinner in the Wine Cellar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a rehearsal dinner the night before our son's wedding at Convivium. We are not from Brooklyn, so we had to plan everything over the phone. It was wonderful. The food was fabulous,virtually every plate was scraped clean! The wine was flowing and everyone had a great time. Michelle was very easy to work with, helping us make menu and wine selections. There was a samll problem just before the dinner, and she had to move us from the back room to the wine cellar. But, she was very accomodating, providing us with a cocktail hour on the house, and allowing us to stay as long as we liked. It actually worked out to our advantage because it was a hot night and the wine cellar was very cool, and I think more private than the back room might have been. The evening was just as we hoped it would be, and our son and his fiancee were very pleased. While not inexpensive for a special occasion this is a great choice.

Visited June 2013
Boston
“octopus!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

grilled baby octopus was very nice - plenty to share with the table. Strozzapreti was good - but nothing to write home about. Ravioli was sweet and interesting - but would make a better appetizer. Waiter was ok - but not very interested in taking our order.

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner downstairs in th wine cellar area; not too loud, intimate setting. Great creativity with the food; the apple and cinnamon ravioli with duck Ragu was amazing. Highly recommend this one.

Visited July 2013
Cheraw, South Carolina
“Overrated!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner at this restaurant while visiting a friend in Park Slope, party of 5 including myself, atmosphere was very nice, service very good, good wine list, but food was horrible... 5different appetizers in our table and only the quail was tasty... Ordered rabbit for main course and was pale and bland, no taste at all, was served with the worst polenta I have ever tried... No one in our party of five was satisfied with what they have ordered... Will not recommend this restaurant, spend your money somewhere else!

• Visited June 2013

Been to Convivium Osteria? Share your experiences!