“Best Indian Food In NYC”
Review of India Passage

India Passage
Ranked #2,356 of 5,673 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have travelled in India nearly every year for the past 30 and have eaten in homes and restaurants from Delhi to Kochi, from Mumbai to Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati to Madurai and most points in-between. The food at India Passage is, in our opinion, the best Indian food in NYC and meets the standards of some of the best we have tasted on the subcontinent. Make sure to tell the owner, Farook, how hot and spicey you like it or the kitchen will mild-it down for what they believe Americans want! The prices are reasonable too for the quality you receive. The Chicken Tikka Marsala is to die for!!!!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

India Passage restaurant is in the heart of the Bay Ridge section of Brooklyn, It is nicely appointed and has a varied menu featuring Indian specialties. We had a recent lunch therre and everything was very good. You are started off with a plate of cracker snacks. These are very thin and they come with 3 different sauces. We next had the Kuchember salad which was a huge mound of finely chopped salad including lettuce, tomatoes,cucumbers among other fixin's. It had a very nice tart dresing. It was one of the best salads I've ever had. We then ordered the Tandori chicken and it was delicious. They offer a plate of banana ice cream for dessert; it was rich and cremy. Service was prompt and helpful. It was n very good lunch experience.

1  Thank shellyf
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I got some flavour from the table chutneys, but the food was really forgettable and bland. I realize that the owners are probably dumbing down the food because they think the "whiteys" can't take the heat. I can take the heat, and I would like it with flavour, please. I miss authentic South Indian cuisine, and unless I make it myself, it seems I'll never be able to go out and be served it.

We had asked for the kitchen to make it the "real" way. Hah. They dumped extra chili powder on it. Just more hot, but no flavour. I can do that at home, so what. They think everyone who is not Indian is stupid I guess. It is a shame, because I think it they really took the time to make the real yummy hot spicy flavourful deal, they would have alot more people coming out for them. I know I would be a loyal patron if they did.

Demand real flavour if you go to this place! Perhaps if a enough people speak up, they'll get the message.

1  Thank E S