“Mac and Cheese?? What!”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Devoe Street and Metropolitan Avenue
Transit: L and G trains to the Lorimer/Metropolitan Stop.
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Read the reviews. Dumont is all that it is cracked up to be...and more. The garden patio was an awesome place to eat. An awning covered the open garden room and space heaters made it warm and comfortable. Four of us ordered the Dumont Burger and all of us were somewhere between impressed and blown away. There were no crispy baby artichokes, which are highly recommended by my son. Sounds like this specialty is a "must have" to come back for and judge myself. Then there is the Dumac and Cheese. Is this the old Mac and Cheese that I got, before the babysitter came and my parents left for dinner, taken to a whole new level? Apparently, it is. I read about it and I saw it up close. Now, I will be back to get some of my very own,

Reviewed December 17, 2012

...maybe a bit overrated?
After hearing so much about maybe I'd set my exectations too high. The food was good, absolutely, but for that kind of price range I'd expected something more.
Given that there are so many good restaurants in the area, I'd probably keep DuMont as a second choice for now.
Big plus for the venue it itself and selection of beers though.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Food was inventive and good. Some odd things on menu -- but all interesting. The mac& cheese was huge!!! Desserts the weakest area-- very small portions.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Informal place, food simply prepared but very good, drinks just fine. Appetizers a strength. Mac and cheese is delicious but life-threatening. Pretty tight quarters, but not too noisy. Although the music harks back to the '60s, the clientele doesn't - not many over 40-45 when we were there on a Saturday night. Takes reservations, which can be a big plus. The bill does mount pretty fast, but doesn't feel like a ripoff.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Long wait. Food is average. Hipsterish. Cant see what the fuss is all about. Rushed in and out like cattle.