“Non meat eater dines on steak at Italian restaurant”
Review of Aurora

Aurora
Reserve with OpenTable
Aurora is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 5,381 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
swampscott
“Non meat eater dines on steak at Italian restaurant”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am not a big beef eater. Once a month is normally enough for this mostly vegetarian with occasional fish and chicken dinners. Four of us dined at Aurora this past Friday night. The decor was simple and pleasing with wood floors, brick walls and low "candles" in oiled bags on wooden tables. Our server knew her wines and we had a very pleasing full bodied red. Our appetizers were an exceptional beet, blood orange, pistachio salad with a well balanced vinaigrette and a grilled octopus with roasted potatoes. And then the meat. My son and I shared the locally sourced rib eye steak for 2. Perfectly cooked, salt crusted and enough meat for 4 people, I faded after 2 slices thinking we should have gotten something smaller. And then I watched my son eat and eat and eat. This skinny almost 30 man ate until only a well picked bone and some gristle remained. The table shared a fruit crostarde which was okay but nothing spectacular. Worth a wait for a well prepared meal whatever you eat.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Friends took me here for my birthday and I LOVED it. Great service, amazing food and I will go here again.

Visited May 2012
Bayville, New Jersey
“Worth the wait!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

An employee at our hotel recommended this hotel. We almost missed it when we got there due to how small and unpretentious it looks from the outside. When we finally found it, there was a 40 minute wait and we almost left. We ended up waiting due to the walk to get there. I couldn't have been happier. The food was excellent and so was the atmosphere. It was very deceiving from the outside. The only reason I did not rate it "excellent" was the service. However, very small details that were lacking, even for my standards!! As far as quality, the food was incredible. Italian cuisine at its best and definitely worth the wait!!

Visited January 2013
“Okay italian”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The risotto de mare was way too greasy and oily. Also it wasn't as al dente as a real italian risotto should be. Not worth the $26. The parpadelle de funghi was better and priceworthy. Cousy atmosphere and the service was impeccable.

New York City, New York
“Such a beautiful garden terrace and warm interior”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This italian gem in the sidestreets of Williamsburg -- away from the hustle and bustle of hipsterville -- is so warm and friendly. It's a romantic place or a place where "everyone knows your name."
Not too pricey, really nice service staff, good food (great steak!) I hear it's the mayor's favorite restaurant, and I can see why.

• Visited October 2012