“Awesome”
Review of Aurora

Aurora
Reserve with OpenTable
Aurora is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 5,585 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Friends took me here for my birthday and I LOVED it. Great service, amazing food and I will go here again.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

An employee at our hotel recommended this hotel. We almost missed it when we got there due to how small and unpretentious it looks from the outside. When we finally found it, there was a 40 minute wait and we almost left. We ended up waiting due to the walk to get there. I couldn't have been happier. The food was excellent and so was the atmosphere. It was very deceiving from the outside. The only reason I did not rate it "excellent" was the service. However, very small details that were lacking, even for my standards!! As far as quality, the food was incredible. Italian cuisine at its best and definitely worth the wait!!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The risotto de mare was way too greasy and oily. Also it wasn't as al dente as a real italian risotto should be. Not worth the $26. The parpadelle de funghi was better and priceworthy. Cousy atmosphere and the service was impeccable.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

This italian gem in the sidestreets of Williamsburg -- away from the hustle and bustle of hipsterville -- is so warm and friendly. It's a romantic place or a place where "everyone knows your name."
Not too pricey, really nice service staff, good food (great steak!) I hear it's the mayor's favorite restaurant, and I can see why.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The friends we were meeting in New York wanted Italian and this is what we found! My husband and I had been to Aurora in May with our son, Ben, and loved it then so we returned with our friends who we hadn't seen for 13 years and it didn't disappoint! The food was delicious, the wine excellent and the staff were very friendly. A good time was had by all and this branch of Aurora has a lot going for it. Thank you.