“Such a good meal, different to what I've had before. A real taste of Scandinavia”
Review of Aska - MOVED

Aska
Cuisines: Scandinavian, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My meal here was simply amazing, very humble ingredients and flavors simply presented. I was sat at the bar so I could look right in to the kitchen and as the chefs finish alot of plates at the table I even got to speak with them during service. The food is like what you would expect from a top end Scandinavian restaurant it was even served on what looked like Grandma's crockery. there was a very relaxed but energized feel to the place and a very big mix of clientele. All the staff were very friendly and the sommelier was very knowledgeable and had some great wines. All round it was a fantastic experience, and at a very modest price, it's a little out the way but very worth the trip.

• Visited October 2013

Wellington, New Zealand
“the complete package”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Dined here (solo) on a busy Saturday night. This place totally gets the dining alone thing - they put me on the corner of the bar overlooking the kitchen, and there were two magazines (an awsesome chef's magazine from Europe called Fool, but that's for another review) placed in front of me. When I booked they recommended an earlier start (7pm) as the bar at the front gets very busy after 9:30 and they didn't want the dining experience to be impacted - nice touch.
For me this place ticks all the boxes. The ten course degustation was perfectly timed, impeccably plated and played with a wide range of textures and flavour combinations, some bold and others more thoughtful, but all excellent. The staff (front and back of house) are the stars of the show, the chefs bring many of the plates out and are completely comfortable out of the kitchen, and the floor staff somehow manage to make you feel like the only person in the place, welcoming you like an old friend. The wine matches were well thought out, adventurous and great value.
This place just feels good. I walked out of there feeling awesome, just the right amount of food, wine and fun. That doesn't happen very often - I'll definitely be back next time I'm in New York...

• Visited September 2013
NY
“Great”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Fine dining in a laid back setting. Very creative, very memorable. Well worth the trip and the price, which is actully quite modest. I would not say it is better than PerSe but I did enjoy it more than my last trip to PerSe, for whatever it's worth.

• Visited May 2013