“really awesome but not on Sunday!”
Review of Club Cats - CLOSED

Club Cats
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Drinks
Dining options: Drinks
Ternopil, Ukraine
“really awesome but not on Sunday!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

the service is perfect,the blond haired singer is really great,the food is delicious,but it was on Friday.When we came on Sunday just to have some drinks and to dance,we were reslly disappointed.The singer was not the same,Music was old-fashioned,like the party in adults day-care!It was veryboring,most people left the place till 12.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank yuliyagulakova

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to feel disrespected and miserable.”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great place to feel disrespected and miserable. The stuff is splitting drinks on you without saying sorry, huuuuge line to a restroom, totally drunk creepy guys insistently trying to pick you up, mandatory tips $3 for a coat, which is not a big deal, but when it comes to "yo, money first!", I get angry. Bouncers are so rude and have no manners at all, to yell at you and push you is a normal thing. Probably, I have to lose my self-esteem and be roaring drunk to close my eyes to this, but it seems to me that to go off the deep end is the main goal of the russian majority there. I speak Russian too and I feel really ashamed because of their disgraceful behavior. The only thing that I really enjoyed is their singers. I would love to listen to them again,but not at this disgusting place, and when I say disgusting, I really mean it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Eva V
“Impeccable service!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

... with that said, one other thing stands out. The music. Is. LOUD. Very. Beyond reasonable decibels.
Overall though, it's not a disappointment. Great time. Assuming you are not there to carry on a conversation. Because if you are, you better learn how to read lips.
Food is good. Space is nice, price is average for such a place.

• Visited August 2013
“I don't like Cats.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

As good ole Ernest Hemigway used to say: write drunk and edit sober.
So I took the advice of a great one and decided to forewarn my fellow readers, right then and there, of one place where a false sense of grandeur blinded its chef.
It all started rather innocently when for my birthday dinner with friends, we decided to visit Cats Café. For years, for whatever reason, I avoided the place and held my ground. This night was my downfall.
After the Hurricane Sandy and Restaurant’s move to a different location altogether, I let my guard down and accepted my friends’ suggestion to give it a try.
It all started with my not being able to find a parking in the vicinity and reluctantly, I succumbed to my wife’s plea of gaving up the car to the valet parking attendants. Not that I mind spending the 5 bucks for the convenience, it’s the wait time when you are ready to leave that I was trying to avoid.
As if I jinxed myself…
Inside, we were warmly greeted by the staff and escorted to our table. As far as service is concerned, I can’t say anything bad. It is all praises. Very professional and courteous. That was the positive part of my review...
That being said, let me describe the dishes we chose that evening.
For appetizers, we ordered four dishes that we were to share. Skirt Steak Salad, Duck Salad, Foie Gras and Tuna Tartar. The only one that somewhat peaked my curiosity was Tuna Tartar. The rest hardly deserve any mention. Perhaps a line, just to be fair to my readers.
The meat in Duck Salad’s was bland and too fatty. The fat did not melt enough, skin was a bit soggy and meat itself was cold. Chef’s special duck sauce? Sorry, I must have missed it.
Skirt Steak Salad was also very bland and meat was room temperature. If one were to remove the meat, it would be just arugula and lumps of couscous. Are we in a restaurant or a diner?
Foie Gras Hot Appetizer does not have to overwhelm with its size, rather to intrigue with its viscous texture, rich, buttery, delicate and a slightly pungent taste. When ordering, we were under the impression that we are ordering a real HOT foie gras. That is how it is described in the menu. In reality, we received several 2x2 sq inch pieces of pate, room temperature. Price tag $26!!!
I saved the best for last. Tuna Tartar was in fact very fresh and well complemented by the white onion sauce. One out of four? Hm, let’s move on.
Please understand my intention correctly. I am not knocking the place, for it is a nice place. It will run out of its nine lives on its own.
All I am trying to convey to my readers is that most of its dishes were nothing special. They certainly do not match the description found in the menu and certainly are not worth the price tag. Just a reality check: The goal of a Restaurant is to create good food. Here, the goal is missing.
For the Main Course we ordered three items. One dish was shared by the ladies and was Filet Mignon London. They liked it.
Another item was Saint Peters, a fish dish. It was just mediocre.
I chose the Traditional NY Steak, prepared medium rare. It was a bomb. Not was it only a bomb, it was a bomb with an insult to my intelligence. The piece was delivered to our table, cooked to a “medium well”. As I cut into it, I noticed our waiter getting a bit uncomfortable. It was obvious that he was aware of my dissatisfaction right from the start. He offered to take it back only to return in 5 minutes with same piece, now “well done”. Evidently, the powers from the kitchen told him to relay a message to this idiot customer that “…the aged beef loses its fat and thus cooks to this condition and no other…”. I think I quoted the message from the kitchen pretty much verbatim. For those of us who are in the know of the art of steak preparation will, at the very least, scratch their heads at such nonsense that I just heard from our waiter.
Aged NY Steak at 34 dollars? Losing its fat due to the aging process and can only be prepared to “well done”?
I don’t think the waiter personally understood the message that he just delivered. I pity him. He was a nice waiter, with nice intentions and all.
If only they knew that earlier in life, my hobby was to follow the notable chefs of the world and to taste their exquisite dishes. I dined at such chef’s as Daniel Boulud, Paul Bocuse and Jean Georges Vongerichten.
So here I am, at the World Famous Cats Café in Bay Ridge with its World Famous chef ( I am terribly sorry, I missed his name ), and dare I to question the preparedness of my steak. Ha, what a fool I am!
Needless to say, my evening started to look bleaker and bleaker. I kind of ignored the salads because we were just having a good time, having a conversation and I was anticipating my steak. And now the evening began to take a nose dive.
But wait, this is not the end yet. Remember in the beginning, I mentioned the feeling of being jinxed?
At the parking valet, after handing my receipt to the attendant, we waited for about 20 minutes. Then my patience ran out and I inquired as to our car’s whereabouts. The man gave me a blank stare and asked for my receipt. I inhaled deeply and explained to him that it’s been about 20 minute since that moment that I gave up the receipt. He then found my receipt, my key and promised to take care of it.
Fifteen minutes thereafter, I was pulling away from the World Famous Cats Café, never to return.

• Visited March 2013