Ray's Food and Walking Tours
Review Highlights
Ray's Food and Walking Tour

We spent a delightful 3 hours with Mike from Ray's FAWT. He was extremely knowledgeable and we... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed November 13, 2019
914joela
Edmonton, Canada
Billy was an excellent guide!

I booked the Brooklyn food tour with a friend who was in from out of town. We had Billy as our... read more

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed October 14, 2019
muneesha99
London, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Brooklyn
from $79.00
from $35.00
from $83.00
from $125.00
More Info
All reviews food tour lower east side bagels brooklyn heights great tour pizza falafel thanks mike whoopie pies new york private tour great introduction food choices interesting history hot chocolate hour tour culture
Selected filters
Reviewed June 17, 2014

What a great time! I was looking for something interesting to do with my mom who was visiting and this was perfect. Ray brings the area to life, tailored the information and pace to our group and did all that with a great balance of fun and professionalism. I've lived here for 18 years and I learned wonderful new tidbits that I've shared with others already. Would highly recommend this tour group!

Date of experience: June 2014
1  Thank hac210
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My daughters and I accompanied Ray on his Brooklyn Heights, pizza and chocolate tour, on a beautiful Saturday in the end of May. Ray was knowledgeable, personable, and full of interesting and fun facts. We enjoyed the tour so much, and would love to return to New York and participate in another tour. Some of Ray's friends from school also accompanied us, and they were a delight. Carrying water with is a good idea.

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Having moved away in the 90's, we were anxious to see some of the changes in Brooklyn. Chris was our interesting and enthusiastic guide today for our walking food tour of Williamsburg. He talked to us about the history and changes in the neighborhood. As we walked and talked, Chris stopped for great food at every turn. We started with a Morir Soniando, a delicious Dominican drink, went on to tacos, too much other great food to list, and finished up with artisan chocolates. Chris was friendly and fun. The tour is a good value, and a memorable way to spend an afternoon exploring New York. Book a tour and you won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I went on Ray's Food & Walking Tour in the Lower East Side last January. I was so impressed by his professionalism and overall pleasantness. He is really passionate about what he does and it certainly showed through during his tour. I grew up near the Lower East Side and he still was able to present me with all kinds of cool information I didn't already know and my boyfriend (a foreigner) still raves about the experience! I highly recommend that anyone with a passion for food and life take the time to try out one of his tours. Even though it took place in January (anyone who knows me know I loathe the cold) Ray was conscious of the fact and made sure that the sequence of his tours included lots of warm food/drinks and the sights were all pretty close to each other. Also, the price of the tour was so reasonable I got to spend my extra cash on these amazing pickles he showed us (and I loathe pickles!)

Congrats Ray, I can't wait until the next one!

Date of experience: January 2014
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was worried when I found out our tour would not be with Ray since it seems like most of the reviews are about him. But our guide, Chris, did not let us down. Despite the chill of mid-March, my brother and I greatly enjoyed ourselves. Chris showed us the charming streets of Brooklyn Heights and spoke about the storied history of the Brooklyn Bridge. The chocolate stop at the end definitely didn't hurt. Worth the $30.

Date of experience: March 2014