“Fabulous Pizza and efficient service”
Review of Juliana's Pizza

Juliana's Pizza
Ranked #2 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Juliana's, a New York-style pizzeria. Juliana's heralds the return of Patsy Grimaldi-not only to the NYC restaurant scene, but to the original location under the Brooklyn Bridge where he co-founded Grimaldi's Pizzeria with his late wife, Carol. Unbeknownst to many, Pat & Carol severed their affiliation with Grimaldi's in 1999 when they sold the business (along with the name). Even though they were no longer involved in the restaurant, they never lost their passion for serving truly great pizza. And so, with a desire to re-live a "dream come true", they have partnered with close friend and former guest Matthew Grogan to establish Juliana's, a neighborhood pizzeria, preparing and serving pies the way Patsy has for generations. Named in honor of Pat's mother, Maria 'Juliana' Lancieri, Juliana's occupies 19 Old Fulton Street, in the Fulton Ferry Historic District, in the building that was once home to Grimaldi's.
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

A limited menu makes it easy to order. Salads are amazing and get served in 10 minutes of ordering. Great pizza with several topping options. A wide selection of beers, wine and soda's. Service was fabulous and food came out in a few minutes of ordering. Loved the cannoli. A great family destination. Tip: Get there early, expect a 20 minute line outside the restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,226)

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The pizza was great. Our server, however, seemed to want to be somewhere else. Maybe it's because we didn't order drinks (?) but she was not at all friendly, didn't ask how our food was, and brought our bill before we were even finished. We had been looking forward to the cannolis but instead paid the bill and left. The pizza really was very good. And the server at the next table was very friendly with his guests. It's too bad. Go for the food and hope for a friendly, dedicated server!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I tried to get to the Grimaldi's, but the linewas way too long. Juliana's was in the neighborhood so I walked in a got served right a way. I ordered a small pizza, but I got a one that could feed a small village. I had the other half of the pizza with me.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I've been here several times now and have never been disappointed. The specials are all delicious, beers on draught rotate seasonally, and ingredients are very fresh.

The best pizza in Brooklyn!

1  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed September 26, 2013

After taking a tour of Brooklyn Heights, my friends and I decided to go to Juliana's Pizza for lunch. Though the more well-known pizzeria, Grimaldi's, is right next door, we didn't think that it was worth waiting an hour or more for a pizza pie.

Fortunately for us, we didn't have to wait much long at Juliana's Pizza. There was no line (even though it was around 12:45pm) and the waiters were courteous and prompt. The pizza itself was delicious! I've had Grimaldi's before, and though I have to admit that their pizza was better, Juliana's Pizza was still definitely worth the money (plus, the wait time is nowhere as long). The atmosphere was cheerful and professional, and you could even get to see how the workers make the pizza dough and bake it in the huge charcoal oven.

I'd recommend this pizzeria after taking a tour of Brooklyn Heights (which is also a beautiful place to visit for an afternoon). No wait line + high quality pizza + courteous service = a fantastic lunch, especially for you pizza lovers.