“Unforgettable”
Review of Claudine's

Claudine's
Reserve with OpenTable
Claudine's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #973 of 5,459 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my friends on a Sunday for a casual lunch after being annoyed by so many of the other restaurants in the area that rush you in and out. I could tell almost immediately that this place would let my friends and I relax and chat over a nice meal.

We split a few specials for apps, my favorite was the artichoke rolled in prosciutto with goat cheese (see in pics). We then shared a couple pastas and entrees. The risotto was really creamy, but not in a heavy way. It had sausage and saffron mixed in- it was gone in seconds.

The great thing about Claudine's is that they also master the classics. Their Penne Pomodoro was so simple, yet it had the rich flavors you only get from an authentic Italian restaurant.

Definitely heading back soon. If it gets too cold, I also saw that they deliver for free. I think it's only a minimum of $15 which isn't bad compared others in the area!

There are newer reviews for Claudine's

Reviewed December 6, 2013

After a week of sampling some best pizza places in my metro area, I stumble upon my new standard at Claudine. With only one chance to impress me, the vodka sauce pizza went straight to my heart. Excellent crust and good topping combination. The place look nice, rustic and cozy with the brick oven in the background. Too bad it not close enough to my base to be my new pie purvayor!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Claudine's hands down had the best food my family experienced while visiting Brooklyn. We went back twice before we left our 9 day trip to NYC in October. The family works in unison to make every customer feel like they are apart of this extended delightful Italian family. The guy making pizza was friendly and accomodating to our sons allergies. Visiting Claudines gave us an unrefuted opinion of New Yorker's and amazing pizza.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were just walking by and saw this cute rustic place that smelled delicious and decided to try it out. From the start we felt like we were at home. The staff was so friendly and the food here is amazing!!! We each had a pizza to start, and it was in fact so delicious!!! I had the Rigatoni with broccoli rabe and sausage and my husband had the veal sorrentino. OMG they were AMAZING!!!

This is going to be our new date night spot.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Ordered twice from Claudine's. First time was a Friday night (8/30/13) to try their pizza's & salad.
The pizza took 70 min to be delivered 3 blocks away - but that's to be expected on a Summer Friday in Carroll Gardens. We ordred 2 pizza's. One was very good the other was GREAT!!!
The great one was a Guido: Pizza with sliced meatballs & ricotta with just a little mozzorella and a taste of basil. It was Great!!!
That pizza was so great that the very next Saturday (9/7/13) we ordered 2 Guido's. It took only 40 min to arrive - but tatsed like it was leftover from the night (or two) before. The meatballs had an "uncovered in the refrigerator" taste and the ricotta was almost currdled.
I understand recycling - but NOT my food.
FYI - the pizza was WAY over-priced. When it was a GREAT pizza it seemed it was slighly over-priced. When it was a lftover pizza - it seemed WAY over-priced.
Go to almost any Carroll Gardens pizzeria for good pizza. Fro Brick Oven... Go to The Red Rose or Sam's.