“Best Italian in Williamsburg, with a local feel!”
Review of Oregano

Oregano
Ranked #13 of 5,418 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Best Italian in Williamsburg, with a local feel!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have been going to Oregano since it opened almost two years ago. This place is truly a gem, low key but homie, tasty and delicious. The quality of the food and the service is just the best in the hood. The owner and the staff are super friendly and helpful. You have to bring your own wine, and there is a great little wine shop right across the street in case you are not local.
I can assure you that you will be satisfied and very pleased with any plate, but my favorites plates are:
Starters: Bruschetta, or the Eggplant Parmagian. Also, the house salad is simple but super fresh and perfectly seasoned (I swear it tastes like italy).
For the mains, the Oregano Pizza is outstanding, it has a middle eastern twist of labne cheese, spices, cherry tomatoes and arugula. Also the four cheese and the Prosciutto di Parma pizzas are delicious. I always look at the daily specialties first, but from the regular menu, the squid fruitti di mare, the gnocchi vodka and the shrimp fettuccine al fredo are also great.

But my all time favorite is the Calzone!!! ...and add Portobella mushrooms ;) or whatever you want to add, there is a large list of items to add on.

Great for lunch or dinner, the place is charming and well decorated, it has a garden in the back and a beautiful fire oven for the pizza. I must advise you, you might be coming back for sure.

Here is the site: oreganowilliamsburg.com … and enjoy it!
P.S: Nutella Pizza for desert (or main if you have sweet toot like me) ;)

2 Thank JorgeAroundTheWorld

“Taste of Italy !”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Delicious food, fresh homemade pasta & homemade desserts that are to die for!!! Oregano is my favorite restaurant and I am sure it will be yours too ! The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The staff are so nice and friendly !! It reminds me so much of Italy !! I can't tell you how much I love Oregano <3

West Bloomfield, Michigan
“The place to be in Brooklyn”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I flew in from Michigan & heard about this restaurant. We had to wait for our table, but it was well worth the wait. The atmosphere & crowd were amazing. The service was even better. We shared squid ink pasta & the tartufata with truffles. Both were delicious; out of this world!!! Definitely the first place I will come to the next time I fly back to NY!

New York City, New York
“Nice spot”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We went for the pizza. And some apps.. The pizza was nice, but a little pricey at $20 for a 12inch Fig (very few), goat cheese & prosciutto pie. The minestrone soup for $8 was in a large looking bowl, but it really wasn't much to it. Maybe 4 beans in the soup with carrots, zucchini & celery. But it was tasty. We also had the polenta with fried egg on top & truffles. Egg was overlooked and the dish needed salt, yet it was pretty good too. They bring you a complimentary dish of olives with two tiny pieces of focaccia (we were 4 people) so I asked for 2 more. The bus boy went to the owner who seemed annoyed and they never brought it over. That's was tacky. I'm telling you to was
1" x 2" bread.. Love the BYOB but $7 corking fee? Totally unnecessary. You're paying good money for the food here... The other food looked great, especially the eggplant parm & the pasta dishes. I'd go back to give it a try.. But I'd never compare this place to the best Italian food in NY..

Manchester
“Very nice food”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Went for a night out here as it was recommended on trip adviser. Nice food and bring your own bottle, which kept the price down.