“Well done, Williamsburg!”

Williamsburg Smorgasburg
Ranked #14 of 222 things to do in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Now in its 4th season, Smorgasburg is a weekly festival of over 100 food vendors, as well as a full outdoor bar. Located in a state park in prime Williamsburg, and with killer skyline views to boot, Smorgasburg appeals to kids and adults alike.
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Well done, Williamsburg!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Well done, Williamsburg and the Smorgasburg team! The folks at Smorgasburg host an amazing experience. The food is incredible, and the chefs and cooks are friendly and informative. The prices are reasonable, particularly if you are sharing several dishes from different vendors with a friend. I highly recommend going to this event, it is too delicious and fun not too! The Williamsburg location is easily accessible by subway but I would suggest taking the East River ferry that docks right next to the food market as you get more great views of Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Statue of Liberty, and the food festival itself all for 4$.

Back to the market, which felt like a festival with the lively atmosphere, despite the terrible wind the vendors had to battle. Highlights include the pizza vendor (can't remember all the names), Pipcorn, the Milk Truck Mac n Cheese and Grilled Cheese, and salt-water taffy vendor. I only wish I could go back, as my stomach was not big enough and I'm sure I missed out on some real gems!

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Food with a (great) view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a great place to stop and eat in a beautiful sunny day! We have been there on a Saturday during a stroll in Williamsburg. The place is near the cool Bedford Avenue (at the cross of N 7th and Kent Avenue) and is open only on Saturdays. There are dozens of places where you can buy whatever food you want, from burgers to bbq, pizzas, korean, sushi, oysters, asian, greek, french sweets and much more. We decided to stop at the place with the longest queu: Mighty Queens, a bbq. I have to say that I hate queuing, I really do. We had to wait for 25 minutes before getting our sandwich (we had one brisket and one pork) but I would definetely do it again: what a delicious sandwich. I can't remember I have ever tasted any meat sandwich better than this one: the meat is very juicy and tasty. We took our sandwich and sat on a wooden table in the park (you can also sit on the grass) with a beautiful view on midtown Manhattan. I would recommend this place to anyone: it is a must on a sunny Saturday trip to Williamsburg.

Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Like a tasting plate the size of a warehouse!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Whether you get there on Saturday at Williamsburg or on Sunday at Dumbo, this is a must do for anyone that wants to try a wide variety of food and drink made by some very clever New Yorkers.

Be set to wait in line for the more popular stalls, all of which proved to be worth it, and also consider going off for a wander to give your tummy a rest before coming back for dessert!!

As Aussie travellers to New York Smorgasburg let us try loads of typical US food types that we hadn't tried before - pulled pork, lobster pound, monster turkey legs, smores, and loads of others!!

If you're game you could walk over the Brooklyn bridge to the Dumbo event on Sunday, then catch the East River Ferry to Williamsburg to go to the Brooklyn Flea market for all sorts of interesting bits and pieces!

1 Thank PeitaD
Golden, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Mandatory stop for Foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Smorgasburg is an amazing outdoor foodie event. Saturdays in Williamsburg and Sundays in Brooklyn Bridge Park, there are about three dozen food stands will all different types of delicious food. BBQ, lumpia, arepas, lobster rolls and fried anchovies to name just a few. This is not your typical collection of food stands. It was a highlight of our recent trip.

NY
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“food and people watching”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

love smorgasburg, both in williamsburg and dumbo. so much fun.such interesting food. not all the food is superb but it's always good. fun to go with a friend and try different things. my faves include red hook lobster and the indian sandwiches and the fried anchovies. the smore pies are great too. the people watching in williamsburg is unparalleled. Dont know what a hipster is? You will after checking this scene out. DUMBO is a little more regular folks and a more interesting location. Also less crowded.