“Wow, what a great place!”
Review of Barclays Center

Ranked #17 of 225 things to do in Brooklyn
San Diego, California
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Wow, what a great place!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Went to the Lakers vs. Nets game here. I mean, wow, what a nice place! It is so impressive. The exit off the subway as I took the elevator up to ground level was unforgettable, as the center came into view. The lighting was perfect yet mysteriously dark, since the main color seems to be black. I felt Jay-Z's influence all over the place since he helped design/decorate the place, I believe and since he is part owner of the Nets, etc... The game was awesome (Lakers won!) and it seems to be a great place for a concert. Good times.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“concert”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went to see Mumford and Sons concert at the Barclay centre. Nice place with decent chairs. Beer is on the expensive side but a good size. The place is huge.

New York
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Shame on You Barclays Center!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

As a woman living with late stage breast cancer, I have feverishly been trying to cross things off my "bucket list". One of the items on the list has been to take my 16-year-old son to a concert. On Wednesday, February 6th, my husband and I took our son and his buddy to see Mumford & Sons at the Barclays Center. Living out on Long Island, we are not familiar with the area where the center is located. We researched on line and phoned the center, and were advised the Long Island Railroad was our best choice. Barclays Center urges people NOT to drive there, but to use mass transit. The tickets indicated the performance started at 8:00 pm. The last train out was 11:14 pm. We warned the boys they might miss the encore, but they WOULD get a chance to experience their first concert. Imagine our shock and dismay when we realized that Mumford & Sons wasn't coming on until 10:00 pm! We were able to hear HALF the concert before running for the train with a bunch of other very disappointed fans. A friend of mine indicates the same thing happened to him last month, and when he called the Barclays Center to complain and tell them they should not be advising people to take the train, they told him he should learn to read a train schedule. In addition to the disappointment, I had held off chemotherapy so I could be well to enjoy the experience with my son--our window of opportunity has just closed. We paid a GREAT DEAL of money to be in Section 8 with a good view of the stage. Apparently, the row we were on was being used as the direct route to the floor, and the workers had lines of people blocking our view for a good part of the performance while they checked tickets with a glaring flash light. We could have definitely gotten high on the amount of pot smoke all around us. I've got a seriously compromised immune system and don't need to be exposed to pot smoke! Overall, I am very disappointed with the Barclays Center and would not recommend anyone going there. Mumford & Sons is amazing, but not worth the total of $800 (!) we spent to see them for an hour. Shame on you Barclays Center!

9 Thank Colleen H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Venue okay, security can't control pot smoking”
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Went for a Mumford and Sons concert but missed 3/4 of it because people were smoking pot everywhere. Being that I'm pregnant I have NO desire to be around that. (Wouldn't even if I weren't) Other people other than myself told security about it and although they attempted to put a stop to it by telling people not to do it, it didn't do any good. As soon as they turned their backs the people had it lit up again. I spent almost the entire concert out of the arena because of it. May as well been listening to the radio. Flew to New York just for this concert and I'll never come back. They need to be throwing these people out or conducting searches instead of a verbal request not to do it.

5 Thank Casey T
Stamford, Connecticut
572 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 343 helpful votes
“Great arena”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We went to the nets vs heat game. The arena itself was done nice there are a lot of options for food and drink. It is well organized in terms of letting people in and out. The ticket prices like the Knicks is too high in comparison to all the NBA teams. We sat at a angle which I was worried about but the seats were actually good.