“easy to get to”

Barclays Center
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Private Tour of Brooklyn Neighborhoods by Foot...
Ranked #25 of 241 things to do in Brooklyn
Reviewed November 8, 2012

took the train from New Haven, CT to Grand Central..Then got the downtown greenline
#5 and got off at Atlantic/Barclay. Walked to the top of the stairs from the subway and there is was. Floating like a spaceship right in front of me. How easy is that!!

20  Thank parmalat
Write a ReviewReviews (1,645)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"subway lines"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was at Barbara Streisand opening night.. Concert was well run. Staff was well trained and polite.
Of course she was fantastic.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

At first, I was not sure if the subway was best the way to go to get to the Barclay Center in Brooklyn from Manhattan, so I hired a car. As the Barclay Center came into view from the rear seat of my car, I was immediaitely impressed by its sofiticated look, with its curved lines and edgy feel. The royal blue lighting that cascaded down from the roof to the entrance graced the building with an almost astral feel, as if it were floating in air above the booming and jammed packed streets of Brooklyn.

What a night I was anticipating! Barbra was back to her roots and was expected to give the performance of her life. This arena, seemed almost too appropriate for this milestone concert. The whole experience from the moment I stepped foot out of the car to the very end of the concert was not only what I hoped it would be,but more than I could ever have dreamt of. The entrances were spacous and entering the complex was very easy, even with the tight security patrol checking everyone as they entered. Once inside, the immaculately clean concourse of the Barclay Center was jammed with food and beverage stands. There was no wait time to get a drink. Even though the drinks were pricey, $10.50 for a pint of draft beer, it was well worth it.

Entrance to the seating area was a breeze, and for 20, 000 seat arena that is no easy feat. What I was absolutely thrilled about was that the seats were big enough for a grown person to sit comfortably, with plenty of leg room and arm room to relax and enjoy the show. The view was stupendous and the sound quality was AAA. Navigating the bathroom was a breeze and there was no wait time to use the facilities! Yahooo!

The show itself, and Barbra, were both magnificant. Words cannot describe the thrill of seeing her perform live again. It was as if time stood still, and for a brief few hours there was no strife or grief in the world, just harmonious happiness brought about by the pure joy of seeing and listening to the most incredible talent of our time!

The subway back to Manhattan was a breeze to find and to get on. Steps from the main entrance of the Barclay Center are the entrances to the subway and all the numerous trains that stop at the Barclay Station!

Whatever the occassion, get yourself to the Barclay Center! You will not be disappointed and time for you, as it did for me, while I was there, will stop for a brief few moments and you will find as I did, that I was truly at peace with myself and the world! What an experience! Now go, and have some fun!

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you brave and wonderful New Yorkers in your time of recovery. As a survivor of Katrina and the 6 most horrible days of my life, I know what you are going through right now! A big shout out to all my family and friens in CT and NJ too!

2  Thank Robert S
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I attended the opening night for the Brooklyn Nets. It was my first visit to the 1 Billion Dollar facility. All I can say is Money well spent! First class all the way. It is convenient to all mass transportation....both subways lines and trains, so getting there should never be an issue. As far as parking, I suggest you book a space online if you do drive. I went this route, you can either do this through the Barclay Centers website or through parking wiz.....you not only guarantee yourself a space....but you get one at a discounted price to boot! The food venues are very good....several of the choices are from local Brooklyn businesses....like Juniors or Scotto's....come hungry, it is worth it. The sight lines to the game are very good and the seats are comfortable and roomy. A first class facility for a first class Borough.

2  Thank Chubnon