“hip and chic”

Fabbrica Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Fabbrica Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #432 of 5,383 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kent avenue
Transit: Conveniently located near the L subway line, the East River Ferry, and the Williamsburg Bridge.
“hip and chic”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This Italian bistro didn't know what hit them when our entire soccer team walked in, one freezing cold Feb. Sat. afternoon, looking for pizza. The staff accommodated us (11 boys and 11 adults) with ease and grace. The rest of the ultra-hip Brooklynites didn't seem to think we were the norm but the staff of Fabbrica rolled with it and we were grateful! The pizzas were individual sized rather than the usual street-corner, tire-sized pies, but they were delicious (fresh sauce, fresh mozzarella)! I had the panini; my son thought it was so good he "had" to help me finish it! The Lavazza coffee was delectable!! The boys finished up their lunch w/ ... what else... cannolis!! After the yummy treat, the boys were ready for their next big game; the only downfall... the prices... a little to "hip and chic" for a post soccer game "bite".

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Victoria B

New York City, New York
“Tacky and mediocre?”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

"Tacky" and "Mediocre". Neither one of these two negative words apply to this beautiful space with excellent Italian food to satisfy the palate of native Italians like myself.

Full disclosure: I know the Italian owner of Fabbrica and out of my friendship with Alberto I would withhold my review rather than write something negative. Fortunately I don't have to lie or keep quiet about this restaurant: I love the atmosphere and the food.

It is a very impressive dining room that captures the spirit of the name Fabbrica itself, which in Italian means "factory". It looks and feels like the kind of place that has been there for a long time when in truth it is a new restaurant in a new building.

The food is delicious. In two separate visits I tasted pizza and three kinds of pastas. They were all perfectly cooked and flavorful. Cannot say anything about the meat dishes because I am a vegetarian, but the desserts were vary satisfying. The wine selection is very appropriate. Reasonably priced bottles and expensive ones as well.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank viscontiNYC
Brooklyn, New York
“I'm in love with Fabbrica!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

What a gem! I couldn't imagine when I walked in that it would be the best dining experience I had in years. The decor is great, very "factory-like" with an amazing mural in the back. But the food is even better! Traditional Italian at its best: simple and delicious. We tried salmon, rigatoni and bucatini pastas and creme brulee of...parmigiano! All dishes were unforgettable.

• Visited January 2013
“Finally a good breakfast in NY”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We have been to NY three times and have finally found somewhere that serves quality coffee and breakfast! As Australians it appears that we have high standards when it comes to a hot breakfast as it's something that we really do well and simply cannot find in New York.

At Fabbrica we both had poached eggs on english muffins with pancetta and truffles with a side of rosemary crusted potatoes and it was amazing. Cappuccinos were also good.

If you're visiting the flea markets it is the perfect stop off.

• Visited December 2012
“Good food”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I was here for a Sunday brunch and the atmosphere was good for the timing the food also good I recommend this place if you are with friends

1 Thank Frankinny