“Fun and Inexpensive Spot for a Good Bite”
Review of The Meatball Shop

The Meatball Shop
Ranked #15 of 5,391 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fun and Inexpensive Spot for a Good Bite”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband is not a city person so when we went to visit my sister who lives in Brooklyn I tried to do a few things that he would like - going for a mid-afternoon cocktail and some meatballs being one of them.

The Meatball Shop ended up being a fan favorite of everyone in our group and our group was diverse (30-something suburbanites, 20-something hipsters, and my 50 something mom).

We sat at the bar and had great service from the bartender. They have a wide range of fun non-alcholic drinks like their seasonal lemonades which was a treat for me b/c I was pregnant. They also obviously have a wide range of balls, sauces and sides to go on or besides your balls. What I was most most surprised about is how good all of their sides were. I had the veg of the day and my mother had some risotto and I have to say they were delicious as were the balls. Reasonable prices and good portions. This place is a great value.

I like that you just check off what you want on a wipeable reusable menu. It makes it easy to order. I would also say that even though this is in Williamsburg, Brooklyn the place was not overly hipster annoying. Great place all around. Very impressed.

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“Delicious food with a fun atmosphere”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This place is great!

It's pretty "Brooklyn" in that it's a bit trendy - but it's not pretentious at all! The staff are really friendly and the food is delicious, plus it's MEATBALLS guys!

The menu is really simple and fun - you fill it out with a marker by ticking the meatball you want, the sauce, the side etc.

You'd think a menu of just meatballs would be, well, limited - but there are so many combinations that you couldn't be bored or unsatisfied with your meal.

Plus, there are ice cream sandwiches for dessert, which are amazing and it's very exciting deciding on your cookie/ice cream combination.

My friends and I had a really fun time here. In fact, we loved it so much we made it our "final meal in Brooklyn" destination!

• Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Seriously terrific meatballs!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our expectations weren't terribly high when someone recommended The Meatball Shop in Williamsburg. We were certain it would be a fine place to eat but didn't realize just how much we would enjoy it! When we arrived, the place was packed. In fact, there was only one little spot for two - a two seat window bar at which we gladly seated ourselves. The vibe was energetic and fun. Great music, lots of conversation and nicely lit - not too bright (thank you!). Our waiter was excellent. Knew the menu inside and out. We chose our meatball entrees - mine was the meatballs with mushroom gravy and my partners, the spicy meatball sauce. She has hers atop spaghetti; I had the risotto. Both were remarkably delicious. We also each ordered a side: I had the spinach and she had the salad. Again, both totally wonderful. The price was very inexpensive. We left very happy and full. I'd go back in a heartbeat and recommend it to others!

• Visited September 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Excellent value, excellent meatballs!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The meatballs were awesome. Great value at 7.00! My only complaint was the salad used those nasty frozen in nasty juice strawberries. Great service though.

• Visited September 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Cool & Tasty”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Perfect place in hip Williamsburg for a beer and a great meatball s/w. Cool atmosphere. Would be back again for sure. Menu selection system unique too.

• Visited August 2013