“Good - but could be better”
Review of Gandhi Palace - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gandhi Palace
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Despite not being a fan of East-Indian cuisine, having recently had a fantastic experience at ASYA over on Clarke Street, I decided to give GANDHI PALACE a try.

I was seated near the front window where I had a nice view of Montague Street. They were piping in instrumental music with lots of flute.

The “Lunch Special” menu gives you a choice of appetizer, salad or soup and a main course. I ordered salad and the chicken Tikka Masala, which came with rice, for $8.95. Beers were $7.00, so I ordered a Diet Coke for $2.00 instead.

Despite my clear order, the waiter asked me multiple times if I wanted other items from the menu. He also asked me if I wanted “the Tikka Masala lunch” – a strange question since it was lunchtime and I was pointing to it on the Lunch Special menu when I ordered.

The salad wasn’t to my taste, but my taste buds were likely to blame. (As I stated above, this isn’t my kind of food.) But the Tikka Masala was very good, and the rice went great with the sauce poured over it.

It was a good experience overall. They could improve this place with less pushy order taking and cheaper beer prices.

I’d like to give this place a rating of three and a half, but since you can’t give halves at Trip Advisor, I’m rounding up to four.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I haven’t been to India so my experience with Indian food is limited to the USA, and the occasional treat from a thoughtful co-worker. With that disclaimer, I think those looking for Indian food in Brooklyn Heights will not be disappointed. It is also a good place for those looking for an inexpensive but nice meal in a neighborhood that can be pricey. There is an extensive vegetarian selection as well as combination dinners. The service is excellent. Give Gandhi Palace a try and add your review, I hope you enjoy your experience.

1  Thank halissen