“Wish we were locals...”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln Place
Transit: Union Street (R Train), Bergen Street (2,3 Trains) and 7th Avenue (B and Q Trains) are within walking distance.
Description: Kiku Asian Bistro, situated in the heart of Park Slope, serves great dishes such as "Miso Glazed Chilean Seabass" and "General Tso Chicken". You will enjoy a hearty meal that will delight ur tastebuds. For something mouthwatering, try our signature appetizer "Tuna Wasabi dumplings" filled with goodness and topped with edible gold leaves. At Kiku, their sushi, sashimi and specialty rolls combine flavor,texture, fish and sauces to create an exciting experience in a beautifully decorated setting for your enjoyment.
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We took our son here because he wanted to try sushi for the first time and the place has a 'A' rating from the department of health.

The place has a awesome atmosphere, soft music, warm decor but the best part was the staff.

Being first time sushi people we didn't know what to expect or order. Aaron our waiter was a saint. He was patience with us ... explained things, even showed our son how to use chop sticks. Since we didn't know what to order, he assisted with that also and were pleasently surprised that he did not try to upsell us to more expensive items.

Our son is now officially a sushi eater, we only wish we lived locally so we could keep coming back.

Highly recommend!

1  Thank HotelJumpers

Reviewed March 25, 2013

They call themselves Asian fusion courtesey of one INdonesian, one Korean, one Chinese dish etc but more than half the munu is sushi/sashimi

In fact the non-sushi items are the stars of this place.
-a nice and unusual, non-greasy gyoza
-terrific duck spring roll, fresh and packed with greens
-fine ceviche - mix of shellfish and finfish
-inventive "Korean" calamari with a peanut-infused dipping sauce
-over the top good salad w/beets, cranberries, nuts, goat cheese
-well done soba noodle chicken stirfry, again w/ good veg ideas

but: asortment of sushi rolls uninspired
individual sushi - yellowtail, fatty tuna, Spanish mackerel - strangely unsucculent. Mackerel not sliced and prepared properly

way on the up side is a wonderful service staff

1  Thank JulesVerne1
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Japanese usually make restaurants with cool-looking interiors, and Kiku is no exception - If only I liked Japanese food!

Kiku has a warm, modern, romantic atmosphere with a large stone Buddha at one end of the room, comfortable cushioned seating, and soft new age music piped in.

Although it seems to be primarily a Japanese/Sushi place, they have some Chinese dishes. I had the General Tso's chicken from the lunch special menu for ten dollars. It came with some food that I dislike: Endamame, shumai and four California rolls. I tried a bit of all three and, to put it politely, didn't try anymore. But that's me, not the food. If you like that kind of stuff, it would probably have been fantastic. It also came with salad and rice - two things that I do eat.

The General Tso's chicken was excellent. This may sound like a line, but it was as good as I ever had.

I'm giving Kiku five stars because the only problem with some of the food was my taste buds; the chicken was as good as it gets; the lunch special was a very good deal; and the ambiance was very pleasant and calming.

If you like Japanese food, then I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank JamieNYC