“Son De Brooklyn”

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wythe & Kent Avenue
Transit: L Train to Bedford Avenue & East River Ferry to North 5th Pier.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This place is really laid-back and chill. They don't rush you out the door and the food is decent. The best part is their live music and they have a band that plays there once a month called Son de Brooklyn - they play cuban style music - mainly salsa and some jazzy tunes, and a merengue or two (clearly I'm not a musician since I don't have the right terminology). Their music is fun and you can dance without getting bumped around like you would in a club - or you can just sit back and watch - in a non-pervy way ;-). There isn't a cover charge but the musicians do have a tip jar.

Son de Brooklyn

There are newer reviews for Cubana Social

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My mom, brother, his girlfriend, and I all decided to go here for dinner one night. The once warehouse now restaurant had an awesome vibe and impeccable service. The whole time we were there, Latin music filled the room and I couldn't help but dance in my seat! We decided we were just gonna share a couple of dishes instead of eating a big meal. We got the crispy avocado, black bean hummus, yuca frita, and the vegetariano; everything was absolutely delicious! You must go here the next time you're in Brooklyn!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

my friend , Susan and I and her son ,drew, happened in to this place on a recommendation from a friend. we had the black bean burger which was excellent and the crispy avocado as an appetizer which was wonderful with a guava habanero sauce. there was great music also and we really enjoyed it. I would say don't miss it when you are in town.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We couldn't get into the places we wanted to go to and at the last minute wandered into Cubana Social. What serendipity! First: the rum. They get it; you can have every great Cuban rum invention, or you can just drink shots (the abuela allows you to sample 3!) the food is dicious. The kale, the pork, the desserts... But the music surprised us. Fabulous band; great dancer. Perfect night.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We came here on a friday for lunch, just happened to be wandering around the neighbourhood. Excellent lunch, great coffee, loved the half Cubano sandwich and sopa de frijoles, excellent tostones too. Very dark interior. Not much to look at. really good music and friendly atmosphere