“I don't understand the hype”
Review of Talde

Talde
Reserve with OpenTable
Talde is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 5,349 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Its getting major reviews in local and national press. Opened by "Top Chef" winner Dale Talde about 6-8 months ago.
Brooklyn, NY
“I don't understand the hype”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I really wanted to give this place a shot after many folks raved about it, but I came away unimpressed. The Hawaiian buns were the only good thing - everything else was too salty. And as a Filipino I am ashamed of the halo-halo with Cap'n Crunch. Really?

Overall I can get better Asian food for half the price in Chinatown, or if you want something much better with the same price go to Macao Trading Company in TriBeCa.

California
“Uneven”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Some things too bland, some too complicated and not successful. Menu suffers from being too all-over-the-place. Brussels Sprouts the best. Ramen adequate. Friends raved about wings (I don't eat 'em) Great bar tending and cocktails. (good thing since wait in bar was long) Server and service great. I know it's New York, so also profoundly noisy. Hopefully they will find their groove, settle into a better-rounded menu and get consistent with production quality.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Long wait, but delicious eats”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

All told, the wait was 2.5-3 hours, and we got seated at 10ish. When we sat down, and ordered from our extremely exuberant (high?) waiter, the food started coming out in quick succession. The apps first... The perilla leafs were tiny, but tasty. I reckon they should have been offered as amuse bouche's. The pretzel, pork and chive dumplings were pretty tasty, like a very well done china town dumpling that tasted a bit salty. The fish hawaiian buns were the best app imho. Think high end tiny fish filet with better fish. There was a brussels sprouts special that was bar none the best brussels sprouts I have had ever by a mile - they were blackened, and had a salty/ umami flavour that penetrated deep into the sprout. It was amazing. As were the fried chicken. Dessert was delicious too... we had the bananas foster and some kind of cake with dark chocolate on a pretzel/graham base. Overall, I would suggest checking it out, esp if you can go in off peak hours.

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Trying too hard to not be pedestrian...and not succeeding!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Took the trip to Brooklyn and was sorely disappointed.... They are trying too hard to put twists on standard fare and it tuned out poorly..... Quality was poor.. Salty,oily and heavy..--Dumplings, oily pad Thai-- was also weird,- chow fun and shrimp toast were tasteless....roasted Brussels sprouts were excellent. Otherwise what a bummer! 4 of us all agreed. Not a 23... Maybe a 15! After that who wanted to try a pretzel, potato chip, dessert cookie! Even if it did win him 5k$!
It's average but because its supposed o be innovative and its not well done.. It's POOR..
Also.. Such a small space and so cramped feeling..actually seated us directly in front of and under
The food pick up station... Food would have passed over our heads ..until we asked to be moved.

Los Angeles, California
“Yummy brunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our waitress was super friendly, and the service was pretty fast. Drinks was awesome -- I had the best Bellini ever and my boyfriend's bloody mary was good too. The food was a lovely take on Chinese food. I had the breakfast ramen, which was really good! Arrived really hungry and left really full. Prices were reasonable as well.