“Best way to see Brooklyn”

Get Up and Ride Bike Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Brooklyn Waterfront Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We believe the best way to experience a city is on a lightweight and comfortable city bike. We believe riding in smaller groups and at a slower pace creates a more intimate and memorable experience. We believe a friendly local guide will give you the best insider tips and recommendations for authentic, off the beaten path sites AND ... we believe wearing a walkie-talkie and headset keeps you safe and informed during the ride. Don't believe us? Read the reviews and see why we're Brooklyn's #1 rated activity on TripAdvisor.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best way to see Brooklyn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We went on a tour on december 3rd and were lucky because it was beautifull weather. Our guide was Catalina and she did a great job en told us all about the places we passed on the tour. The tour also included a nice boat trip on a ferry and a coffee in a real hip place. I can reccomend the tour to everyone as a nice contrast to Manhattan and the best way to see Brooklyn.

1 Thank BrechtAmsterdam

• Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My brother and I did the Fall & Winner Classic and it was a brilliant way to see Brooklyn for the first time. We were a bit apprehensive about biking in the cold (4/5 deg Celsius, cold for a Sydney wimp) but we kept moving and it was fine. As long as you've got gloves and a good wind-proof jacket you'll be sweet. We also stopped for coffee for a bit in the middle which was good. The places that we went to had brilliant views.

Nick, our guide, was very knowledgeable, set a comfortable pace (even for a bike noob like myself) & we never felt unsafe. The radios they use are great, we were able to hear clearly what Nick was saying, instructions about where we were going/turns, commentary etc..

Would highly recommend this bike tour, especially if you haven't been to Brooklyn before/are a first timer to NYC, so you get a feel for whats there (e.g. cafes, food recommendations from the local's perspective). It was a great morning, and we would totally do another bike tour if we come back.

1 Thank RachW7
New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Chilly & Warm Bike Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We signed up for the Brunch in Brooklyn tour. Only three of us were on the tour, my wife, myself and our warm & lovely guide Catalina. The weather was quite chilly with snow scheduled for later. The ride was fine as we explored Greenpoint & Williamsburg. We warmed up with some excellent hot drinks from Eagle Trading Company. Then with pastries from Ovenly we headed onto a new pier in the East River. The wintry winds on the river cut through our many layers of clothing. We made fast work of the pastries and headed through Greenpoint and then back to Williamsburg. We added a small side trip to the Brooklyn Navy Yard where my father used to be a ship fitter. After that we stopped for some delicious chorizo breakfast tacos. Most of the riding feels safe enough on bike lanes and quiet streets. But there are some places where traffic is more of a challenge (Bedford Avenue). Catalina almost got "doored" at one point.

1 Thank Breuklyn-Boy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Top Tour of Emerging Brooklyn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

The weather was great as well as food and all hidden spots we visited. This tour is for ALL. Just book it and enjoy best pizza around and great views from roof farming and included river transfer looking at Manhattan.

I am glad the passionate Felipe reached his goal to become #1 attraction here, he definitively deserves it. Thanks for great time together, sculpted memory.

Sacramento, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fall and Winter Classic Bike Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I hit Brooklyn (Btown or is that Boston?) for a whirlwind visit on Marathon weekend and while I didn't run until I puked like so many others - preferring my puking to be alcohol related - I was "treated" to an awesome tour at the totally rad "Get Up and Ride." Now admittedly I was one of the "senior riders" and while not to be confused with the group from Amsterdam who could seemingly ride without any apparent physical exertion, I did just fine and could almost walk normally at the end of the ride. Don't be put off by the location of GUAR (walk into the subterranean parking structure - past the comatose parking attendant and disregard the burglar alarm that seems to ring constantly) the staff of GUAR is attentive and did I mention talkative? You'll be outfitted with Secret Service type headsets so you don't miss any of the narrative and ample time to see some beautiful scenery and have some great coffee. Oh, and if you ride - be sure to tip your guide! They work hard to make your 3 hours enjoyable AND educational!

Visited November 2013