“Awesome intro to Brooklyn”

Get Up and Ride Bike Tours
$99.00*
and up
Manhattan Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We believe the best way to experience a city is on a lightweight and comfortable city bike. We believe riding in smaller groups and at a slower pace creates a more intimate and memorable experience. We believe a friendly local guide will give you the best insider tips and recommendations for authentic, off the beaten path sites AND ... we believe wearing a walkie-talkie and headset keeps you safe and informed during the ride. Don't believe us? Read the reviews and see why we're Brooklyn's #1 rated activity on TripAdvisor.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Awesome tour of Brooklyn on bikes!! Nick (our guide) was full of fun and historical facts. The pace was great and we covered a lot of ground! A lovely introduction to Brooklyn which you normally wouldn't see if travelling by the subway! Definitely recommend doing this when next in NY!

There are newer reviews for Get Up and Ride Bike Tours

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great experience with Get Up and Rode Team. We had the private ride and our guide was a great young fellow with such a good vibe, just perfect. When in NY don't miss it!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our bike tour of Brooklyn-- and we're NYers! We learned lots of interesting facts about the historic neighborhoods we biked through, were introduced to Brooklyn Brewery (our new favorite coffee), and, just in general, made a nice friend of our tour guide. The ride itself is very doable-- you feel safe riding thanks to the walkie talkies, the pre-tour talk, lots of directionals during the ride, etc. Also, the route is mostly all (beautiful, scenic) park pathways and bike lanes. Get Up And Ride!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We took the long Classic Bike Tour of Brooklyn (started of at 11am and finished around 15:30 pm). We had some hickups when booking the tour online but everything was sorted out correctly and timely, which I really did appreciate as it is in the end a small operation.
We were a rather small group of 6 (3 couples) where the other 4 came from Australia. All nice people by the way, which contributed to the success of the tour.
They are perfectly equipped with solid bikes (7 shifts and fitted to measure), helmets and a walkie talkie system.
Our guide James was great. The pace was good (not too fast, not too slow) and information along the way (through the walkie talkies or in person) always very interesting. You feel that James has a real passion for the area and the people living in it.
Every stop along the way was great (picture opportunity or interesting facts).
Culinary stops at Best Pizza and Brooklyn Roasting Company where perfectly timed and offering great quality food and drinks.
We were glad to have integrated this tour in our programm. It is nice to escape the Manhattan crowdedness for this upcoming and more relax neighborhood. You start the tour at relaxed Williamsburg and Greenpoint before moving to more lively Brooklyn.
A big thanks goes out to all people at Get up and Ride we were in contact with. I just heard some tracks from James through the link on the site (jamesquinlan.com) and can tell you that he is a evenly good a guide as a musician. For you to judge.

1  Thank Mark_Daemen
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This bike tour was not my idea. Being a good companion, I went along with my friend and her idea. And I was very pleased with the experience!

Brooklyn is enormous, and though I have been there many times to visit the gardens, or a shopping district, or for dining, I always just saw a very small slice of life. My understanding of what makes it tick, how charming and artistic it is, the quality of parks and street art, neighborhood culture and of course, architecture is now far more informed than before.

Get Up and Ride takes you along the waterfront at several points so you get to see the relationship of the old Brooklyn and the new developing Brooklyn to the East River (it is so much more than just the promenade in Brooklyn Heights), and I would have never discovered this on my own. In fact, it would takes months, maybe even years of living there, before I would get the insider's understanding of the places we went.

As an experienced cyclist I thought I would have to worry about my less-experienced friends riding on the streets in a city the size of 2.5 million people, but the route is actually really mellow and our leader (Catalina) was very good at directions and turns and stops. Bike lanes, paths and quiet streets kept us all safe and relaxed.

I spend about 25 days/year in Manhattan, so it was really nice to explore this borough for a change. It felt like an in-depth tour with great historical information and fun tidbits about the community. I used to think I would buy an apartment in the Village, but now I think I prefer Brooklyn...assuming that would ever happen!

Also, I would like to give a shout out to our guide, Catalina. She did such a fantastic job.

1  Thank mcargas