“Nice Ambiance, Good Food, Expensive”
Review of Maison Premiere

Maison Premiere
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Premiere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: New Orleans style absinthe and oyster bar
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went to Maison Premiere for the first time, particularly attracted to the rich choice of oysters they offered. The oyster selection was indeed great, they were fresh and very tasty. Small but nice and cozy space with a garden section offered. Service was OK but not spectacular. Last but not least, prices were very high, especially in light of the portion sizes.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We came for brunch on a Saturday in July. We arrived just as they opened so it was pretty quiet, but the staff were very welcoming and we ate in their beautiful back garden. Unfortunately we were too hungover to order oysters, but I had steak and eggs with crushed potatoes which was fantastic. The cocktails were pretty special, and they also did a mean iced coffee. I'd love to go back for dinner and get stuck into their impressive oyster menu, I bet the place is really buzzing after dark!

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Like everything in NY, the restaurant is small. But once you squeeze past the front bar to your table you will be pleasantly surprised. Hopefully you make it for oyster happy hour, decent selection but their main menu has greater oyster choices in addition to other fare. This place is serious about their drinks! All the ones our table of 6 drank were great (yes, there was sampling going on). Only ones we did not like we're those served in julep cups, too much ice and not enough beverage esp for the drink charge. Other than that, it was a winner.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Best time to go is during happy hour. Doors open to this gorgeous establishment at 4pm and its highlybrecommended that you get there early because within the hour you will be waiting for a table. My husband devoured the oysters which are shucked to order. Cant get better than that. I found the snacks for me, a pescaterian, a bit wanting, and unfortunately i just can not eat oysters, which is really annoying. Nothing much available for vegetarians really. They do charge for bread BUT it has to be the best bread basket in town. We had a couple of great cocktails and after a mere two i was getting quite deliciously stoned. The staff are pretty impressive but not as impressive as the dedication to detail in the decor. Music was fab too. The second time we went we didnt not have such a great time as one of the waitresses hijacked our host for a 20 minutes chat, ignored us, and completely ruined the dynamic of our table. That night the music was sooooo loud that it intruded on our conversation way too much. I recommend you sit in the front section instead or outside. The bill that night was outrageous for the tiny plates of floppy salad, drinks and coffee. Happy hour is the go and easier on the wallet.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I often go to NYC but rarely leave Manhattan. My daughter and son in law persuaded me to do this to try Maison Premier and I am very glad they did. i am not crazy about east coast oysters but if you are the selection is amazing ant they are wonderfully fresh. I love clams and lobster and these were also terrific. It is crowded and they do not take reservations so be prepared to wait but if you are willing to do this and do not mind the trip it is a great experience.

1  Thank nzcharles