“Nice Mexican Brunch”

Description: Mexican food in Dumbo, just next Grimaldi's Pizza
Miami, Florida
“Nice Mexican Brunch”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I went here for brunch with friends. The hostess, bartenders and waiters were very friendly. My friends were 20 minutes late for our reservations and they still accommodated us with a smile.

The food: The guacamole is made daily, as per the waiter. It had a smoother, less chunky texture. However, the flavors were good. I had the crane asada y huevos. It also comes with potatoes and is one of the more filling meals in the brunch entree menu. My friends had the pancakes, huevos rancheros and tacos. The ones who had the tacos and huevos rancheros were still hungry and ordered more food. A friend of mine ordered the tres leches for desert and it seemed pretty good.

The drinks: Not the most delicious drinks that I've had but the have some interesting ones like a cucumber margarita. I also enjoyed a French press after breakfast which was good and they have sizes big enough for 4 people. The fruit juices, such as pineapple were delicious.

Overall it's a pretty good Mexican brunch and the back patio area has a good atmosphere for a nice summer day brunch.

Brooklyn, New York
“One of the best authentic Mexican cuisines ever!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Was in the Dumbo neighborhood and found this amazing place. great food and even better drinks. Waiter was really helpful. Going back very soon.

• Visited June 2014
“Margaritas, Margaritas, Margaritas”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Daily selection of from scratch salsa, locally sourced ingredients, superior service, outdoor dining with views of the Brooklyn Bridge, and oh, did I mention margaritas. I mean really good margaritas. We lunched out in the courtyard. Very nice atmosphere. Started with gauc and chips and they did not disappoint. Followed by some more margaritas. Then cemitas and carnitas which were excellent. Nice flavor, bold spices, good presentation. Portions are very good for the moderate prices. Our waiter had a great sense of humor and was attentive to our every need. No room for dessert, just more margaritas.

Toronto
“Expectations were high”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

...and it almost lived up to them. Guac was outstanding. Margarita's... Delish. Disappointment rang in when we learned they were "out" of a lot of menu items (9PM reservation)...and it was the key menu items. To add to that...a minor annoyance was the waiter who was barely understandable with the faux spanish (??) accent was pronouncing the food. Slow service and poor recommendations on what to order. Think we got an "off" night....will return at some point to see if that was the case.

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“WITH GREAT HOPE THERE IS A GREATER LET DOWN”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went here for a late mother's day celebration. Walked the bridge, walked the beautiful parks of Brooklyn and came here for lunch. We all love Mexican food so we were excited. Put our name on the waiting list and were told it would be 40 minutes and it was. The decor was simple, clean, cute outside eating section also. But if the food isn't any good then the rest doesn't matter. To start with they have a very small food selection. Not typical Mexican fare, which would have been ok if it was good and plentiful. The bill was $98.00 which on face value doesn't sound bad for four people with two alcoholic drinks but here is what we ate: We started off with a small bowl of guacamole and chips(yummy), and then we each had one entree: my husband only had the Cesar salad (NOTHING to write home about), my children ordered this pulled pork sandwich doused in a tomato sauce (which was recommended by the waiter). The sauce tasted like Campbells Tomato soup (bland) and the pork was dry. I ordered the fish tacos. I received two miniture sized tacos which were yummy but so small; maybe the two added up to one standard size taco, crazy. Needless to say we all left there totally unsatisfied with our food and hungry. I do not recommend this place.