“May be the best food I've had in NYC”
Review of Kaz An Nou - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kaz An Nou
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Kaz An Nou means ‘our house’ in the Creole from Guadeloupe in the French West Indies. Chef/Owners Sebastien Aubert and Michelle Lane have set out to create a comfortable home atmosphere serving delicious dishes that combine the flavors of France with the Caribbean.We invite you to bring you own beer or wine, bring your friends, and have your dinner party at KAZ AN NOU!
Wisconsin
“May be the best food I've had in NYC”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I usually don't like spicy/hot food, but the jerk chicken was incredible. I could taste the food more than feel the heat. Owner/chef Sebastien is a genius and I have been to hundreds of different restaurants. He is excited about the food and serious about how the flavors combine. It's BYOB, but there's a place around the corner to purchase drinks if you forget.
The place is very small, so there will likely be a wait. I can't say enough positive things about this place (except that I was the only customer over age fifty). Kaz an Nou is an absolute must.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank hblanke

Brooklyn, New York
“Eating the French Caribbean”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Maybe you can't always go there, but you can eat there at this reasonably priced place with terrific food, excellent service, and a great, but not overly loud soundtrack that plays interesting jazz and under-appreciated 70's-80's funk. Crusaders fans will be in heaven for both the food and the music. In other words, everything is thoughtfully done here, and as noted, it's byo, which keeps the prices down. The people who run it are delightful, an attitude that every restaurant should learn from. If I lived closer, I'd go here every week.

• Visited September 2012
St. Augustine, Florida
“Must go here”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a wonderful little place. It is very tiny and crowded but that's always a good sign. The food is amazing. All of it. You can't go wrong. The French and Caribbean flavored mixed together are amazing. The service is good. The prices aren't too bad. It's casual and relaxed

Brooklyn, New York
“French techniques and Caribbean flavors”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant. The menu has an eclectic mix of French (duck confit, escargots) and Caribbean (jerk chicken) specialties. Just about every item on the menu is actually a fusion of the two cuisines, with wonderful results. The result is food that's bold and sophisticated at the same time.

The owner Sebastien is also the chef and waits tables--he is extremely personable and charming, and makes the eating experience even more enjoyable.

The prices are very reasonable. The place is BYOB and only serves water, so be sure to bring your own drinks to enjoy.

• Visited August 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“Delish!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

A tiny cafe with great food. The dining room was full when we arrived but they offered us a table outside. It was so hot during our stay I thought it would be too hot to eat outside. But we took the outside table because we didn't want to wait. it was very pleasant on their patio. It is BYOB which really cuts down on the cost. I had the Duck Confit and loved it. We also tried the appetizers: Escargo and Fritters.

• Visited July 2012