“Like stepping back in time!”
Review of La Defense

La Defense
Ranked #216 of 6,692 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: French
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bridge St.
Description: La Defense is a French eatery bringing the Bistro flair to Downtown Brooklyn Metrotech Center.
Reviewed May 17, 2017

A very "French" restaurant. Great food and entertainment. Live music and singing. The mussels were delicious and enough to share! All of the staff were really from France! Excellent service.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

We ate here for a work night out, there was a big party and we were accommodated well. The food was very good (we ate from a set menu), my only complaint was that my steak came out cold (although was cooked to perfection). I would recommend eating here and will try to get back here on my next visit to NY.

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed the food here. We ordered from the special menu which had two entree choices and came with salad and dessert. All the food was great. The bar and dining area are in the same room and the bar is really the centerpiece of the room. If you are looking for a place to have a quiet evening this is not it. We live in a rural area and found that super loud music in New York restaurants is commonplace. That is the reason I gave it 4 stars because it was so loud it was hard to hear our server and each other. If you like the loud club type music you will love this restaurant/bar.

Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

Convenient for the court buildings in Brooklyn. It's packed by 12:30/12:45, so get there early for a table.
All salad options were fantastic. The Pinot Noir was a regrettable choice, but otherwise a very enjoyable spot!

Reviewed April 24, 2017

Tipical french place. Food is delicious and fresh. I am used to go there for lunch, I love the soups of the day especially the mushrooms soup. Also the salads are big and fresh, I recommend the quinoa salad that comes with healthy products (asparagus, almonds etc). The coffee is also good.

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to La Defense? Share your experiences!