“A wonderful place to stay in NYC”
Review of Dekoven Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brooklyn
Dekoven Suites
Ranked #8 of 56 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A wonderful place to stay in NYC”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at Dekoven Suites in the Master Suite and found it to be very comfortable and pleasant. It's a short subway trip to Manhattan and in a very pleasant neighborhood. The subway is a five minute walk away. There is a supermarket and a big pharmacy right nearby as well. The hosts at Dekoven Suites are lovely people and very helpful. The breakfast is diverse and yum.

Room Tip: Go for the Master Bedroom as it has a very comfy private bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Naomilappin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Susan and Chalo are naturals as B&B hosts. Make you feel welcome, comfortable and part of the extended family. House is excellent. Location is primo (in our case, two blocks from our daughter). What a bloody cool neighborhood!! There is nothing not to like about the whole Dekoven experience. Including Susan's garden. Stay there. You can't go wrong.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at DeKoven Suites for 2 nights last week and they were wonderful! The house is beautiful, and the owners were so warm and welcoming. Susan and Chalo were so friendly and made us feel at home as soon as we met. Actually, we felt welcome even before we met - through the emails we sent back and forth while planning our stay. We stayed in the Master Bedroom, which has a private bath in the room. It was spacious and the bed was sooooo comfortable! As soon as we sat on the bed, we knew we would be getting a great night's sleep! The neighborhood is tree-lined and close to a subway stop - we felt safe walking the neighborhood, even at night. Susan told us of a great restaurant close-by, The Farm, which had great food. We sat outside on the back patio (which was a nice surprise, too) and enjoyed a nice, romantic dinner. We highly recommend DeKoven Suites and hope our high praise does not hinder our ability to stay due to the increased reservations to stay here - LOL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just back from a weekend staying with my boyfriend at this lovely B&B. This is our third time staying at Dekoven Suites. Susan and Chalo go out of their way to make you feel at home here. The neighborhood is beautiful, with tree lined streets and old victorian homes. You are only a few minutes from the B & Q lines to get easily to Manhattan. We also explored a few of the nearby restaurants (if you want to stay in the neighborhood we recommend Mimi's Hummus for a casual dinner and OxCart Tavern or Sycamore for a drink.) We also loved our sunny walk to Prospect Park. They live just a mile from the park, which is great for runners, walkers and bikers. I strongly recommend this gem of a B&B!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this lovely B and B for a weekend. We were hesitant to stay in Brooklyn but what a great discovery! Susan and Chalo were so warm and friendly and also very helpful about transportation and things to do in the neighborhood. We never would have discovered the great restaurants within walking distance from the B&B if Susan hadnt recommended them. What's more the room was lovely, with a really comfortable bed. I would happily stay here again on another trip to NY and recommend it to anyone looking for something other than an expensive characterless hotel. And besides, Brooklyn is the new hip burrough!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
France
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the B&B for a week and enjoyed our stay. Susan and Chalo were very welcoming and willing to give their time to explain the delights of Brooklyn. They have an extensive knowledge of New York and all the sights which is invaluable for first time visitors to the city. And you really feel that you are living in the house of a friend. This traditional Brooklyn house in a quiet neighbourhood is cosy and characterful, the bedrooms spacious and the shower good. There is easy access to to nearby subway lines B and Q to Manhatten, but the rumble from the occasional night train can be disturbing to a light sleeper. And an easy chair in the bedroom would be great for tired legs!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed for three nights in the master bedroom (note: there are two bedrooms on the second floor of the house, which doesn't seem to be reflected on the website). Susan was a complete pleasure to work with in the lead up to my visit and while I stayed. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend this B&B to others mostly because I feel that the home needs some updating in order to be more comfortable for guests. To me the house felt a little run-down and cluttered. Also, because it is an old house, noise traveled far and I often felt I could hear everything that was happening in the rooms above and below me. There wasn't really a sense of privacy even when I was in my room. I also found the bed to be quite uncomfortable. I will say that it did seem to be the most affordably priced B&B in the neighborhood, so perhaps it is fair to have less comfort for a lower cost. Nevertheless, were I to be in the area again, I would pay the extra $25/night to stay in one of the other B&B's nearby in hopes that the accommodations would be a little nicer and make for a more pleasant and relaxing visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo