Dekoven Suites
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Brooklyn
See available hotels
Midwood Suites(Brooklyn)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bwarm croissantsquiet cul de sacditmas parksubway stationquiet streetbagelswe've stayedcomfortable bedprospect parksusanhostsbedroomnyaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just back from a weekend staying with my boyfriend at this lovely B&B. This is our third time staying at Dekoven Suites. Susan and Chalo go out of their way to make you feel at home here. The neighborhood is beautiful, with tree lined streets and old victorian homes. You are only a few minutes from the B & Q lines to get easily to Manhattan. We also explored a few of the nearby restaurants (if you want to stay in the neighborhood we recommend Mimi's Hummus for a casual dinner and OxCart Tavern or Sycamore for a drink.) We also loved our sunny walk to Prospect Park. They live just a mile from the park, which is great for runners, walkers and bikers. I strongly recommend this gem of a B&B!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this lovely B and B for a weekend. We were hesitant to stay in Brooklyn but what a great discovery! Susan and Chalo were so warm and friendly and also very helpful about transportation and things to do in the neighborhood. We never would have discovered the great restaurants within walking distance from the B&B if Susan hadnt recommended them. What's more the room was lovely, with a really comfortable bed. I would happily stay here again on another trip to NY and recommend it to anyone looking for something other than an expensive characterless hotel. And besides, Brooklyn is the new hip burrough!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at the B&B for a week and enjoyed our stay. Susan and Chalo were very welcoming and willing to give their time to explain the delights of Brooklyn. They have an extensive knowledge of New York and all the sights which is invaluable for first time visitors to the city. And you really feel that you are living in the house of a friend. This traditional Brooklyn house in a quiet neighbourhood is cosy and characterful, the bedrooms spacious and the shower good. There is easy access to to nearby subway lines B and Q to Manhatten, but the rumble from the occasional night train can be disturbing to a light sleeper. And an easy chair in the bedroom would be great for tired legs!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed for three nights in the master bedroom (note: there are two bedrooms on the second floor of the house, which doesn't seem to be reflected on the website). Susan was a complete pleasure to work with in the lead up to my visit and while I stayed. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend this B&B to others mostly because I feel that the home needs some updating in order to be more comfortable for guests. To me the house felt a little run-down and cluttered. Also, because it is an old house, noise traveled far and I often felt I could hear everything that was happening in the rooms above and below me. There wasn't really a sense of privacy even when I was in my room. I also found the bed to be quite uncomfortable. I will say that it did seem to be the most affordably priced B&B in the neighborhood, so perhaps it is fair to have less comfort for a lower cost. Nevertheless, were I to be in the area again, I would pay the extra $25/night to stay in one of the other B&B's nearby in hopes that the accommodations would be a little nicer and make for a more pleasant and relaxing visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank candidtraveler
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I hesitate to write this review only because I don't want to give away our hidden "gem" secret. However, it wouldn't be fair to keep information about Dekoven Suites to ourselves, though I would love to. That said, you will feel upon entering this fabulous home that you are not paying customers, but their one and only honored and invited guests. Truly Chalo and Susan are just that kind and welcoming.

This was my husband's and my second stay at the DS and like some of the other reviewers said, it will be the only place we will stay while in Brooklyn. Let all the other NYC visitors stay in Manhattan...for us there is no place else we'd rather come "home" to after a full day being out and about. It's quiet, private and just gorgeous. Everywhere you look there is interesting artwork, antiques, and lots and lots of printed materials informing visitors on not only Manhattan (where to go,eat, see, etc.), but also about Brooklyn itself. While staying at the DS you will have all the comforts of home and will congratulate yourself for being such a savvy traveler!

Don't miss the opportunity to stay in one of the warmest, most comfortable and most charming locations in the city. You will not be dissappointed.

Cheers to your continued success Chalo and Susan. We'll see you soon!

Michele (nee Schaffer) and Don Downey