Dekoven Suites
  • Breakfast included
$199
$164
Agoda.com
All reviewswarm croissantsquiet cul de sacditmas parksubway stationquiet streetbagelswe've stayedcomfortable bedprospect parksusanhostsbedroomnyaccommodations
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was at Dekoven Suites, a B / B in Brooklyn

Upon reaching the area, the first thing that impressed me were the elderly and splendid trees that created a peaceful and quiet ambiance, which was seldom interrupted by the sounds of the subway. I immediately fell in love with the cozy, American décor when I entered the house, which created a very warm, "at home" feeling.

The place is located in a quiet tree lined cul-de-sac just three blocks from the subway with grocery stores, pharmacies, mini markets, and fast food places all nearby.

I stayed in the large Master Bedroom, whose pillows and sheets were amazingly comfortable to sleep in and included a small refrigerator, table, large flat screen TV and coffee maker and Private bathroom

For breakfast you may choose from coffee or a variety of teas, croissants, breads, fruit, cereal, yogurt, cheese, juices and delicious cornbread prepared by the owner.

The Innkeepers, Susan and Chalo, were very friendly and welcoming from the start of our visit. They were extremely helpful by giving me very useful advice on how to move around, what places to visit, where to go shopping, where to expect the best meals, and other useful information for tourists. They helped me out on getting theater as well as baseball tickets for my family and I. They were just wonderful.

I don't know when I'll get to return to NY, but I am confident that B/ B Dekoven will be my first choice on where to stay at for next time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Cristina B
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We have adult children and grandkids living in New York so we travel there from Washington, DC frequently. We've staying at Dekoven Suites probably 10 or more times since a few years ago we discovered this absolute gem. Susan and Chalo are great hosts, their rooms are large and well appointed. The basement suite is perfect for friends traveling together or a small family. The house is located a very short walk to the Q train into Manhattan or a slightly longer walk to Cortelyou St and several very good restaurants and groceries.
The cost is so much less than a hotel, there's on street parking and a filling continental breakfast, we can't imagine staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable. The "master bedroom" is a little closer to the Q train which runs all night but it's not really that noisy. Susan will provide any special foods if you ask ahead of time (ie soymilk, vegan breakfast options). Check out Dekoven Suites - you'll never stay in a hotel in New York again!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth K
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We've stayed here a couple of times when visiting our children. Its a lovely, warm home away from home, with lots of personal attention. Like visiting old friends!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RHaber
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We had a lovely stay at Dekoven Suites. We felt we were in a home away from home. The room was filled with antiques with a very comfortable bed. We had a small refrigerator , coffee maker,and hot pot to make our stay more pleasant. The house is located in a historic area in Brooklyn with beautiful trees and flowers all around. The smell of lilacs wafted in our window. The family was very inviting and friendly. Our breakfast included a homemade cornbread with berries. I would definitely recommend Dekoven Suites to all.

Room Tip: We only saw one room, but my guess is that they're all good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The DeKoven Suites are located on a quiet, tree-lined street in a residential neighborhood of Brooklyn close to local shopping and public transportation. The innkeepers are welcoming hosts who made us feel comfortable from the time of our arrival in New York until our departure about a week later. This was done within the limitations of their property and prior booking commitments.

The breakfast schedule accommodates guests on vacation, with food and drink available buffet style.

There was plenty of drawer space in our room with a private three-quarter-bathroom, but closet space was wanting. There were many power outlets, and complimentary wi-fi service. In keeping with modern times, there was no telephone jack in the room.

The house is an older 3-story Victorian home. We were able to hear others moving around the house and a subway train passing nearby. The noises were muted. They were not distracting as we became more used to them with time.

We did experience minor annoyances with some of the furnishings and appliances. Those were distracting. It is important to pay attention to all the notices posted on the premises to make sure that everything functions properly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple