“Not clean, poor amenities”
Review of Days Inn Brooklyn

Days Inn Brooklyn
Ranked #61 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed October 22, 2012

When I checked into my room there was old coffee in the coffee pot, and the bathtub did not appear very clean. The described amenities also do not live up to standard expectations. While there is parking, only 10 spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking is very difficult to find in the neighborhood. The wireless internet also stopped working after the first day of my visit and I was told nothing could be done about it.

Finally, you can hear the subway through the night from at least half of the rooms. If you have any type of aversion to noise, you will need earplugs.

Room Tip: Internet may be worse higher up - choose a 3rd or 4th floor room if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brandie L

Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The front desk staff at this hotel are very rude. I would not recommend this hotel at all. I am not very picky with hotels as long as it is clean... This hotel is very dirty and smells very badly. It is also very cramped. I would avoid staying at this hotel at all cost. You wil also hear the train all night and sirens. I had to get ear plugs. It was the worst 3 nights ever! I was so happy to leave the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is not a safe place to stay. My husband and I returned to our room late on Saturday, October 6 and the door to our room was open. The room had been made up, somewhat (the bed was made and towels replaced, but the carpet was not vacuumed and litter was left in the room). My husband immediately called the front desk to report the room door being left open, and the staff member rudely accused us of leaving the door open and hung up. My husband called again to ask why he hung up and asked to speak with the manager. The staff member refused to address the situation and said the manager is away until Monday. Needless to say, this is unacceptable. I was upset and fearful, and did not sleep that night. Fortunately, we had decided not to leave anything of any value in our room.

I have been trying to reach the manager of this hotel by telephone and by email. The manager is never available and the email I sent bounced back. Can anyone help me?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had read the reviews online but had no other choice but to stay here. Upon entering the floor I was on, I smelled cigarette smoke and a bad odor. I went to my room and it was small and stinky. I really didn't want to stay but I just counted down the hours. The tub was dirty, it was dark and on top of that I heard God say check the lock & push the door from the outside. I'm glad I did because I had a broken lock and if God didn't tell me to do that I might have came back to my things being stolen. I took my belongings to another room and told the attendants. When I came back the door was fixed but still hard to get into. There were holes in the sheets, the pillows looked a little stained and the tv buzzed on the cable channel. We paid over $200 for a one night stay. Ridiculous. I wish I had stayed at the Best Western. The area isn't bad. I was born and raised in Brooklyn so the Best Western would have been better and cleaner. All I'm going to say is the hotel owner needs to take better care of the hotel and get new staff because they aren't cleaning it well. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. I can't wait to get back home and take a good shower to clean the filth I feel from the room I stayed in. Avoid this place at all cost.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Traveler2477
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Based on the pictures and its proximity to the subway, we booked three nights at the Days Inn on 39th in Brooklyn. $600 for three nights after taxes were added. The room had two double beds, and the room was so small, there was no place we could open our suitcases except on the beds. It was the most cramped, sorry excuse for a motel/hotel we have ever stayed in, and we have stayed in many hotels. There was what appeared to be a small bloodstain on the bedspread. On our towel sets there were long black hairs, probably left by the Puerto Rican housekeeping staff. Although the sheets were clean, they had holes in them. We spent one night and left first thing the next morning, cancelling the final two days, and wound up at a nice Holiday Inn Express in N. Bergan, NJ., twice the room at half the price and right across the Hudson from Times Square. This is the last time we will scrimp on hotels. This place was a disgrace.

Room Tip: Just avoid this place like the plague, which is probably contains.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple