“Wonderful!”

and up
Best of Brooklyn Half-Day Food and Culture Private Tour
Ranked #5 of 85 Shopping in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Chocolate shop and factory tour.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a great little shop! The chocolate is great! There is an ice cream parlor next door where you can pick up your ice cream and sit in the chocolate if you'd like. Try the chocolate cereal bar- YUM, the ice cream sandwich made with chocolate cookies and pistachio ice cream, hot chocolate, mango sorbet, chocolate bark......all good!!! The chocolates are a work of art, really. The two young ladies working the counter were very sweet and helpful. One of the girls went out of her way to bring us an extra seat. Great place to stop for a chocolate fix!!!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Follow Water street, a small cobblestone style road in this area, as it makes a sharp curve around a corner. The store is along this road, a fair ways down on the right, past a construction site and various "quaint" graffiti covered deserted brick buildings. It's a good area, just with an odd pocket of urban decay.

The store itself is small, with very little seating, but quite quaint and European. The staff was friendly and attentive, despite being fairly busy. They took the time to answer my questions about food allergy related issues (they cannot guarantee gluten free chocolate) and were very helpful.

The chocolate itself is fantastic. Lots of fun unusual items here, including chocolate covered cornflakes, giant chocolate fish, chocolate high heeled shoes, body butter, chocolate sunflowers, as well as all the usual chocolate suspects. In the back of the store is the baked good and truffle area. The truffles are square, about an inch long on each side is all, and cost close to 2 bucks each. (cheaper for ten or twenty in bulk). But they are totally worth it. I had a "wicked" one (spicy), a key lime one, a pistachio marzipan one, and a peanut butter and jelly one. I have had See's, Godiva, Whitman, Ghiradelli, etc., but can honestly say these truffles were the best I've ever tasted (of the four the marzipan was the weakest, though, could have been more flavorful). If I go back I will binge on the wicked and PB and J ones!

I highly recommend this place, definitely worth a visit if you're in the area.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Thats all we've had thete and it was terrific. Service wad very friendly and the place was nicely designed. If you love chocollte and your in dumbo don't miss

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Last Saturday while in New York a group of us took the ferry from Pier 11 over to Brooklyn. We walked along Water St making a few stops along the way to look back at Manhattan and take a few photos. This place is hard to get to, very easy walk. It's small and it feels very cozy like being in a Paris cafe.

I had the Wicked Hot Chocolate, it was the best Hot Chocolate I have ever had, I also had the twice backed chocolate croissant, a must have. Everyone in my party loved this place, We then walked a few streets over and took the stairs to the Brooklyn bridge and walked over the bridge back into Manhattan.

I recommend stopping by and trying something.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I came here on a cold night after a long flight. Their hot chocolate is so decadent and delicious it was just what we needed. Not too sweet not too bitter, just perfect. Service was amazing, super nice girls. And TIP of u go a few minutes before closing time they will give u the left over warm cookies they cant store, and they are AMAZING!!!