“Home Away From Home”

Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 58 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Akwaaba Mansion in Brooklyn is now my "home" when I work in NYC one week a month. The food is healthy and filling and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. During the snow storm of my last visit the whole city shut down. Monique shared her lunch with me, that was so toughtful. Monique, and her husband and reservationist,Erica are always hospitable and eager to please their guests. Thank you, Terri A

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank tali1

Reviewed March 1, 2010

I am a traveler and a student, meaning I have been fortunate enough to stay in a plethora of environments. From dormitory living to 4 star hotels to small shady European hostels. I have never received better customer service and been so comfortable that at Akwaaba. I was a nervouse tired wreck because I was interviewing for a job, but Akwaaba put me at ease and allowed me to do my best. Monique is an inspiration, and I truly felt at home

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2010

My husband and I stayed for 6 nights at the beautiful Akwwaba Mansion in Brooklyn and we absolutely loved it. We can only endorse all the positive reviews that have come before us which we read before we left. Monique and Glen are so friendly and have an exceptional ability to make you feel comfortable and to make you feel as if you are at home. The breakfasts are wonderful and keep you full for hours, perfect for a days sight seeing ahead. The room we had (Ashanti) was spacious and comfortable and the huge bath was the best thing ever after being on your feet all day and in the cold-(especially when it is run for you as Monique did one night!!). Its easy taking the subway into Manhatten and is about 20-30 minutes depending on where your going. We would highly recommened this place to anyone wishing for a comfortable stay in New York and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We only wish we were going back soon!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Everything about Akwaaba was warm and inviting. We received personal attention from the owner, Monique. There is a sense calm that blankets you upon entering the mansion and it stays with you even after your visit. Akwaaba gave a very special Valentine's Day. WE LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF OUR TIME AT AKWAABA! We would recommend it to any and everyone.
Syreeta & Rob

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2010

When I first pulled up to the mansion, I was a little concerned because there was a young man loitering in front as if he was waiting to conduct some "unscrupulous business," But he was gone before I got to the front door! The inside was massive! The flowers, the wood work, the hostess...soooo charming!!! We had the privacy and the freedom we needed! Monique's restaurant recommendations in the area were dead on! We had a fabulous dinner at Peaches around the corner w/a small crowd as hip and fun as we are! Breakfast, the next morning, was delightful and peaceful. Monique, does things up in such a huge and loving way but it all appears so effortless as if the mansion is actually an extension of herself! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kikilasean2
Reviewed January 24, 2010

As I am a brooklyn resident, Akwaaba mansion was a home away from home. It sincerely was a beautiful and cozy get-away. The hospitality was beyond excellent! :) Such warm vibrations. I especially enjoyed the toasty fire place in the sitting room on the main level.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I wanted to take my boyfriend to a bed and breakfast for his birthday, and we're both glad I chose Akwaaba Mansion. We stayed in the Black Memorabilia room but we were given the option of staying in the Regal Retreat Suite. We had such a hard time picking a room, because both rooms were beautiful. We ended up picking the Black Memorabilia Suite because of its jacuzzi and king sized bed. The Mansion was beautiful and Monique was a wonderful host. She treated us like family. My most memorable parts of the weekend were definitely the delicious breakfast and the treat Monique left for us on our second night. We definitely plan on coming back and visiting other locatioins. Akwaaba Mansion is definitely a hidden gem!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple