“Akaawaba Rocks”

Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 58 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Thank you so very much for an Absolutely Fabulous stay in Brooklyn !!!

Your Inn is amazing ! The room is marvelous. And the staff is first rate !!!

A unique lovely experience in the heart of hard NYC !!!

Gracias.

Room Tip: Just ask. The Inn is a restored Mansion in Bedford Stuyvasent
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Angel Luis F
AkwaabaBandB, Owner at Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Mucho Gracias Angel! Hurry back!

Monique Greenwood
Owner & CEO (Chief Enjoyment Officer)

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Akwaaba so much we cannot wait to go back. The people, the food, the decor and overall service were exceptional from the first day until the last. I would highly recommend a stay at this wonderful place in a great part of Brooklyn.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank George B
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I cannot judge the hotels of Manhattan having not stayed in them but I would certainly recommend staying at this guest house if you are visiting New York. We stayed for 6 nights which worked out a lot cheaper than the hotels. The guesthouse is easily accessible via the tube and utica station. I think you see a different side of the city whilst also getting gear recommendations from your hosts. We really enjoyed the jumping broom suite with its Jacuzzi bath and huge bed. Breakfasts were brilliant as it afforded us the opportunity to speak to other guests who we had a great laugh with to get the day off to a good start. All in all, I can't fault the place at all. It will be nice to hopefully visit again some time in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank SteHenderson
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The place is beautiful comfortable historic rich classic I'm going to try to visit each one
There's no place like it.
I took my boy friend for a pre valentine experience we both were floored. The breakfast was a scrumptious and the southern biscuits melt in your mouth . The staff are so nice and warm

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank MissPreme
Reviewed February 1, 2014

My "Akwaaba Experience" is one of the highlights of my year. At every visit, I receive the warmest Greetings from the host and the owners. I am always made to feel at home. Everything from the beautifully decorated rooms, to the delicious breakfast, cleanliness, stimulating conversations with the guests, peace and relaxation has all been second to none. Akwaaba has and will continue to be among my top vacation accommodations when I come back home to Brooklyn, NY.
With much Peace and lots of Love.
Chanique.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bknygrl
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I took my wife for a surprise birthday weekend at the Akwaaba Mansion. It was a wonderful experience. We took in a play at the Billie Holiday theatre on Fulton Street after dining at a local restaurant down the street from the mansion. (Be sure to inquire about the rose petals and champagne/sparkling cider.) It was an awesome experience! The breakfast was great! A true treasure hidden in the heart of Brooklyn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremiah S
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Akwaaba for two nights back in November. The staff were kind, generous, and personable. I came down with a nasty flu on our first night, and needed to stay in bed for the rest of the following day, and wasn't even able to go down for breakfast in the morning (which really bummed me out, since I'd heard it was amazing and it smelled really, REALLY good). After my boyfriend informed them that I wasn't feeling great, the staff sent up a full tray to our room with food, tea, and juice! Such a nice touch that really made my day, and helped me feel better. Not to mention that the room was full of original furnishings, like the crown molding, marble fireplace, and HUGE claw-foot bathtub. Quick travel anywhere in Brooklyn or back to Manhattan from the subway stop just a five minute walk away. We will absolutely be back at Akwaaba next time we're in Brooklyn!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple