“Speechless”

Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 58 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The place is beautiful comfortable historic rich classic I'm going to try to visit each one
There's no place like it.
I took my boy friend for a pre valentine experience we both were floored. The breakfast was a scrumptious and the southern biscuits melt in your mouth . The staff are so nice and warm

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank MissPreme

Reviewed February 1, 2014

My "Akwaaba Experience" is one of the highlights of my year. At every visit, I receive the warmest Greetings from the host and the owners. I am always made to feel at home. Everything from the beautifully decorated rooms, to the delicious breakfast, cleanliness, stimulating conversations with the guests, peace and relaxation has all been second to none. Akwaaba has and will continue to be among my top vacation accommodations when I come back home to Brooklyn, NY.
With much Peace and lots of Love.
Chanique.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bknygrl
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I took my wife for a surprise birthday weekend at the Akwaaba Mansion. It was a wonderful experience. We took in a play at the Billie Holiday theatre on Fulton Street after dining at a local restaurant down the street from the mansion. (Be sure to inquire about the rose petals and champagne/sparkling cider.) It was an awesome experience! The breakfast was great! A true treasure hidden in the heart of Brooklyn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremiah S
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Akwaaba for two nights back in November. The staff were kind, generous, and personable. I came down with a nasty flu on our first night, and needed to stay in bed for the rest of the following day, and wasn't even able to go down for breakfast in the morning (which really bummed me out, since I'd heard it was amazing and it smelled really, REALLY good). After my boyfriend informed them that I wasn't feeling great, the staff sent up a full tray to our room with food, tea, and juice! Such a nice touch that really made my day, and helped me feel better. Not to mention that the room was full of original furnishings, like the crown molding, marble fireplace, and HUGE claw-foot bathtub. Quick travel anywhere in Brooklyn or back to Manhattan from the subway stop just a five minute walk away. We will absolutely be back at Akwaaba next time we're in Brooklyn!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AllieKR
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Akwaaba Mansion for one night. Our short stay was nice and really relaxing. Breakfast was good and the bed was really comfy. The mansion is conveniently located a 5 minute walk away from the train / subway station and the neighbourhood was quiet. It's a quaint beautiful building with lots of character and the rooms each unique.

Glen and the rest of the team at Akwaaba are lovely and make you feel so welcome but are also very helpful, calling us cabs, providing directions and tips for places to eat and visit. They had a wealth of knowledge about the local area, Brooklyn and New York as a whole. When I'm next in Brooklyn the Akwaaba Mansion will be my home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thebeautyoftravel
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We celebrated our aunts wedding, last month, the place is really nice and cozy
Pros:
WI-FI
Friendly staff/owners
Big yard
Elegant with nice antique and décor
The ballroom is big and nicely decorated
Jacuzzis is the rooms

Cons:
I think its a bit outdated or in a desperate need of maintenance, going up the stairs there is this doll that I found VERY scary and in the jumping the broom room there is this gown…Im really asking myself what is it there for?

I will recommend it, might go back next spring

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Naomi V
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We never stay in B&B's but thought we would try, due to convenience. Wow, what a great decision. The Akwaaba Mansion was so comfortable and quiet. Everyone we met, Erica, Nella and Glenn were pleasant and accommodating. Their attention to detail was remarkable, but never intrusive. The feeling of culture and history as we wandered the property was humbling. Breakfast was amazing as the combination of good food and great company set our mood for the entire day! As the other reviews state, the Akwaaba is very convenient to the subway, while being in a very quiet neighborhood. I would choose the Akwaaba over a Manhattan hotel every time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple