“Maybe the best experience in our lives!”

Brooklyn Tabernacle
Book In Advance
More Info
$45.00*
and up
New York Gospel Music Tour
Ranked #7 of 236 things to do in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: World-renowned choir of 240 voices has sold three million albums and won several Grammy and Dove Awards.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Before we came to NYC we wanted to see some real gospel church service. So we found this place and went there.... and words can't describe how we felt, when the 200-piece choir was starting to sing. We were so moved, it was truly amazing. We couldn't hold back our tears.
Back home (in Germany) we go to church only on Christmas, and we are not at all religous people, but this sunday service was unbelievable. The Grammy-winning choir was singing for an hour then the pastor preached (or rather told moving, sad, funny and very down to earth stories) for another hour. Everybody in the 5000 capacity chuch (theater) was so into it, participating, praying, singing, crying, laughing, it was so so great.
After the service we walked away, not saying a word, just in awe of what we just saw and heard. If you plan to visit something gospel... come here, this is as good as it gets and you will NEVER forget it.

PS: Come an hour early to get in and to get good seats. And check out in advance when the choir will be singing. It is definitely worth it!

1  Thank SebastianHafner

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Saw the choir in Live concert and it was amazing! The church is filled with love and joy!!! A must visit when you are in the brooklyn area

1  Thank Teekay E
Reviewed September 18, 2013

It is like a concert every time I go there..I love Pastor Cymbala because he is so down-to-earth...and Pastor Tim Dilena is soooooooo funny... I love when he uses his family life situations to drive home the point in a sermon...Oh I miss Brooklyn Tabernacle every Sunday morning, but it was good to catch a sermon while visiting....one's life can be changed forever through this awesome experience of worship.....

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I dreamt of visiting Brooklyn Tabernacle for a long time and finally visited whilst I was on vacation in New York in 2006, listening to this. choir minister on their cds is great but to hear them live, its Awesome out of this world, I even had the opportunity to see Alvin Slaughter on that visit. I went to Sunday service for the 3 weeks I was in New York. The ushers were so pleasant, welcoming, everyone we came into contact with at the church had the joy of the Lord in them and were happy to greet us. To Pastor Cymbala and his wife Carol, God bless you and the members of your Ministry.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My daughter attends this Church and we went while visiting her. We went to the Tuesday night prayer service. You need to get there early if you want to get a seat. The preacher has got to be about the best we've ever heard - Preacher Cymbala. He has a way with words and keeps you riveted while he is preaching. The people there made us feel very welcome and right at home.
We listen to Preacher Cymbala on podcasts now as well. He is truly a gift. If you are in Brookly and want to hear the word - this is the place to be!

2  Thank vacationeer32