“Unforgettable Sunday”

and up
New York Gospel Music Tour
Ranked #5 of 242 things to do in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: World-renowned choir of 240 voices has sold three million albums and won several Grammy and Dove Awards.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stopped in here on our way to brunch one Sunday. We heard the music and could not resist going in. A great Sunday service with lots of singing and a wonderful sense of community.

1  Thank The_YTT
in 23 reviews
"prayer"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went there for a Christmas concert, which was very nice and hearty. We also had an opportunity to listen to the choir - it was very beautiful. I guess our Christmas holiday began from that very moment. Highly recommend!

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I have visited many church of different denominations-and have heard many choirs.
A friend said I should not miss a visit - so I went.
The size, sound and music of the Brooklyn Tabetnacle Choir was a most unique experience and should be visted at least once by anyone passing through or spending time in Brooklyn.

1  Thank Yacht1999
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was there for a New Year's service a few years ago and then went there again just a couple weeks ago for their Easter service/play/celebration. All I can say is wow! The play itself was up to Broadway's standards. I felt like I was on the cast of "Passion of the Christ"! So powerful and well scripted! I honestly love this church it's friendly, welcoming and fresh. Definitely one of the top Brooklyn attractions!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For many years I have been familiar with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir and have read books by Jim Cymbala. My husband and I went to the 12 o'clock service and it was a wonderful anointed service. We got there about 11:20 so we had no problem getting a seat. The ushers and everyone else we spoke to were very friendly. The stage was set for their Easter Drama so the choir was not there just the praise team. The praise and worship was incredible and it was a wonderful feeling to be worshipping with so many people from so many different places and backgrounds. I think there were two other special music songs and they were beautiful and anointed! The Pastor's message was great and many people responded to the altar call.