“American Food”

Ranked #9 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Shake Shack is a modern day "roadside" burger stand serving the most delicious burgers, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more.
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Shacks draws your interest from the street with thier quirky/fresh look inside, however iwas hoping for some healthy options besides burgers. Their hotdogs were yummy though, service is great

Reviewed September 23, 2013

If you want a fast food burger come here. Cater to somewhat organic crowd. Fries are always fresh. More classy than your usual hamburger joint

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Oh my, I should have my flame suit on for giving the mighty Shake Shack 3 stars.

This Brooklyn location was my first Shake Shack experience. There was nothing wrong with my experience--none at all. I love the overall vibe of the Shake Shack franchise along with their restaurants. They got a cool hip trendy swag from their website to what you see at their restaurants. So how bout the food..

We had a Single Shack Burger (cheeseburger basically), a Single Smoke Shack (same as Shack burger but with Niman Ranch bacon), Fries, Peanut Butter Shake, and a Soda. All of that for 2 people was about $25. Mind you we only ordered a single order of fries to share and a single soda and a single shake. THAT IS PRETTY PRICEY. As hip as the restaurant is, this wasn't a sit down type of joint. It was like a typical fast food place just a lot cooler.

Without thinking of how much we paid the food was indeed good. The bun has a somewhat sweeter taste and more on the soft side. Some people like their buns completely opposite of what I described, but I'm not as picky, I like either as long as it works and this definitely worked for me. Would love to have a bit more crisp on the inside of the bun if they would just toast it on the griddle a bit more (or any). The burger overall was good with good flavor cooked just right. The Smoke Shack with the bacon was just as good which should be due to the Niman Ranch bacon. As for the fries, they are standard affair being a good compliment to the meal. Just the right amount of crisp but not over cooked. Caters to those who like either crispy or softer-- it really was just right in between. It's not the best fries I've ever had but I've never had the best fries because fries is either good or bad for me. The peanut butter shake was good. It had the right peanut butter flavor and was nice and thick and creamy, but is not as memorable as I may have just described Now here is a kicker for the soda. There is no fountain machines, but they do give out free refills. But you have to ask for it and it seems like the process is to make people be discouraged to ask. They don't even ask for your existing cup--they just give you an entirely BRAND NEW CUP with the soda you want. Strange, but I guess that's their process. A joint like this should just have the fountain drink machines out for folks to get their own refills. This seems to be a Shake Shack thing--well it sucks to be honest. I drink a lot and will definitely get refills and I know it's annoying for the workers but I will annoy them thanks to Shake Shack's way with refills I guess.

So you would imagine based on that it should be a good overall score. It would be, if that meal wasn't $25+. I just don't see how that entire meal could cost $25. Why? Because we have IN AND OUT BURGER HERE IN CALI, and the burgers are just as good, fries just as good, and shakes just as good (with me not being biased and if I was I could go on to say--and some will--even better). But $25 at in and out will get you double/triple the food. Don't get me wrong, the food is good at Shake Shack, but it does seem a bit on the pricey side.

Would I go here again or recommend it? Of course. It seems to be an East Coast staple. What you can't have you always seem to want more, so I would definitely recommend it to those visiting. They do have unique items and even have items for your dog. They have hot dogs, frozen custard, and serve WINE AND BEER! Perhaps this is why the rest of the menu is priced high to pay for the liquor license?????

Oh the staff at this location, were all great. Nothing bad to say about them. Everyone was nice and service was commendable.

I can't give a perfect score when I feel In and Out gives the same type of quality for a lot less. The portion size is about the same too! It made me realize how I take our beloved In and Out Burger in CALI for granted and why many who don't have one in their home town flock to it. Perhaps they say, "Wow, the burgers, fries, shakes are relatively as good as our signature place at home but its wayyy cheaper".

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have not eaten here before, but it is one of my sons favorites! Now, I know why! We got it to go and it was delicious! I did not get the shake, but heard it was delicious. They have different signature flavors of their frozen custard every day of the week. Their fries are amazing too! You can get beer of wine. You can even get your pooch a dog biscuit treat too!

This is a must stop and just wish there was one closer to me!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I tried the smokeshack, the peppers and the bacon were delicious! It is one of the best burgers I have ever eat! It is a little bit busy there, but this is a nice place to eat with friends!