“$2 per ride, can't complain!”
Review of Jane's Carousel

and up
Brooklyn Bridge Bicycle Rental
Ranked #3 of 41 Fun & Games in Brooklyn
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was on our list of things to do on our 'Brooklyn day' really glad we managed to visit Jane's Carousel. It's a lovely ride in a beautiful city! definitely on my list of 'must do's'

All reviews
"dumbo area"
"lower manhattan"
"new york city"

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I didn't even realise this was here but visited it as part of the A Slice of Brooklyn Pizza tour and I'm so glad we did!

The music that is played whilst it is going around is fab, this really is an attraction for adults and children alike. Even the ticket you get to purchase a ride is a lovely souvenier.

This is much better than any carousel I have been on back in the UK, it has been lovingly restored, you can feel the excitement off the children and adults that are waiting in line to take a ride and the views from it are spectacular.

If I lived near this I would visit every week, it truly is a must for anyone visiting the area. One of the surprise highlights of my trip.

1  Thank Adi S
Reviewed January 18, 2013

One of my grandchildren's favorite stops on the waterfront. Yes it's the past preserved, its enclosed in glass but its a joy to visit. The children love it and most parents use the children as a excuse to jump on as well. I headed down last week to double check that it had not been destroyed by Sandy. The Dumbo area still has challenges. It's perfect and ready for the whole family or just one joyous old lady! We used to stop by Bubbies to eat after but its closed. Substitute One Girl Cookie.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Wonderful, lovingly restored Carousel, this one is enclosed in a glass box. I suppose after all that time and effort, they are giving it every chance of surviving another 100 years. However, this made me feel very uncomfortable. My loss I guess.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Jane's Carousel is a beautifully restored classic 'old-timer', located just below the Brooklyn Bridge on Brooklyn's side. It is a fun, family, and price-friendly ("Two Bucks to Pony Up") excursion for NYC visitors, especially those with young (or young at heart) children. As grandparents, we enjoyed our ride with grandchildren (11 to 18), their parents and an aunt and uncle visiting from London. NOTE: Do check for opening days and hours... they vary seasonally. The glassed-in enclosure both protects the 'horses' and their riders from inclement weather/winds, so this can be fun even on less than sunny days. Also, consider sharing a pizza before or after at nearby Grimaldi's (see review); we did, and really enjoyed our post-ride treat.

2  Thank wildswanDelaware