“I Love It!”

and up
Brooklyn Bridge Bicycle Rental
Ranked #2 of 37 Fun & Games in Brooklyn
Reviewed January 18, 2013

One of my grandchildren's favorite stops on the waterfront. Yes it's the past preserved, its enclosed in glass but its a joy to visit. The children love it and most parents use the children as a excuse to jump on as well. I headed down last week to double check that it had not been destroyed by Sandy. The Dumbo area still has challenges. It's perfect and ready for the whole family or just one joyous old lady! We used to stop by Bubbies to eat after but its closed. Substitute One Girl Cookie.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Wonderful, lovingly restored Carousel, this one is enclosed in a glass box. I suppose after all that time and effort, they are giving it every chance of surviving another 100 years. However, this made me feel very uncomfortable. My loss I guess.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Jane's Carousel is a beautifully restored classic 'old-timer', located just below the Brooklyn Bridge on Brooklyn's side. It is a fun, family, and price-friendly ("Two Bucks to Pony Up") excursion for NYC visitors, especially those with young (or young at heart) children. As grandparents, we enjoyed our ride with grandchildren (11 to 18), their parents and an aunt and uncle visiting from London. NOTE: Do check for opening days and hours... they vary seasonally. The glassed-in enclosure both protects the 'horses' and their riders from inclement weather/winds, so this can be fun even on less than sunny days. Also, consider sharing a pizza before or after at nearby Grimaldi's (see review); we did, and really enjoyed our post-ride treat.

2  Thank wildswanDelaware
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Sadly we arrived after 6pm, not realising it closes early in the fall. We did however, get to see a wedding party having their photographs taken. This was a close second to actually riding! I took some beautiful photographs of the gloriously lit carousel with the Brooklyn Bridge and sunset in the background. Perfect.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

A beautifully restored carousel that reminded me of my childhood. Good views and wonderfully carved antique animals on the ride. Everyone was smiling.