“EXAGGERATED”
Review of Dough

Dough
Ranked #1 of 215 Bakeries in Brooklyn
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family tasted the glazed DOUGHnut at the Williamsburg market, which had a nice texture and didn't taste too sweet. So, the next morning we went to the DOUGH Cafe' in Brooklyn... especially after reading the "RAVE REVIEWS" on Trip-advisor. WOW! Were we disappointed.

We tried the coconut one- which "wasn't that bad"... a bit too buttery, too sugary, and too cakey. It tasted more like a slice of fatty cake then a doughnut.
We then tried the strawberry one, which was borderline unbearable to eat. Way to sweet that it literally spiced my tongue and hurt my teeth. Tasted extremely artificial, and nothing like strawberries or even strawberry puree. A complete joke of a doughnut.
We tried the chocolate one, almost as bad as the strawberry one. THIS PLACE TRIES TOO HARD.

Yes, the whole purpose of a doughnut is for it to taste sweet, buttery, and flakey but there is a way for you to make something too too sweet, or too too buttery that it goes "right through you".

INSTEAD- HIT THE DOUGHNUT PLANT ON THE LOWER EAST SIDE IN MANHATTAN.

AND, I HATE THE CITY BUT for the Doughnut Plant...I can make an exception every so often.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I walked here from my hotel room two mornings in a row - amazing donuts! Had a dulce de leche and a berry with coffee. Icing had intense flavour, not fake, and dough was sweet and rich without being greasy or overwhelming. Wish I could have tried them all!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am a lover of the doughnut plant so when I heard that dough rivals doughnut plant, I figured I have to try it. I went to dough this morning and purchased 10 different doughnuts. They're good but no where as good as the ones from doughnut plant. The doughnuts themselves were plain and it seems that the all of flavor is contained in the icing which was very sweet and almost inedible. I ate a nutella and a café au lait and really didn't care to try any others. I'll stick to doughnut plant

Reviewed April 8, 2012

When I was a kid, I remember delicious, bakery-fresh doughnuts brought home in a box tied with string. The rise of Dunkies, Winchell's, Krispy Kreme, and the like pretty much killed the independent doughnut shop making real donuts. But they seem to be on the rise again if this dangerous outpost in Bed-Stuy is any indication. Had a chocolate with cocoa nuggets and a blood orange variety, with very good coffee. Well worth seeking it out, even though it is for sure a sign of the creeping / rocketing gentrification of this part of Brooklyn.

There are a few stools but it's really not a place to hang out -- more a very busy bakery/small factory. On a sunny day there are some benches and tables diagonally across the street.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

This was my first time going to Dough, I stayed away on purpose, and now, I'm hooked. These doughnuts are the size of your hand, tasty, light, full of flavor. Just wanted to purchase two or three, looked around and bought a dozen. They're pricey, but well, well worth it. I purchased the hibiscus, cheese cake, blood orange, plain glaze and dulce de leche. All unbelievably good. Great texture, glaze not too sweet, just flavorful. Would recommend any doughnut there. Stop by and you'll be hooked as well.